Srixon Introduces the New 2018 Z Series, Woods and Irons Crafted for Tour Performance
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA — Srixon®, a global leader in golf equipment and innovation, announces the launch of the new Z Series, tour-proven woods and irons crafted for the best players in the world. Srixon’s 2018 Z Series officially launches in North America on September 14, 2018.
Z Series Woods
The new Z Series Woods present a revolution in woods performance, delivering the most powerful suite of offerings from Srixon. The full line of Z Series Woods feature advanced materials to help amplify your long game.
The Z Series Drivers will boost your speed and distance off the tee with the Ti51AF Cup Face. This cup face is the thinnest, lightest, strongest, and hottest driver face Srixon has ever produced.
Featuring a lightweight carbon crown, Z Series Woods shift the weight to the perimeter, offering more forgiveness and less offline dispersion.
The Z 785 Driver promotes a low-spin, penetrating trajectory in a tour preferred look and profile; meanwhile, the Z 585 Driver promotes higher, straighter drives with additional forgiveness on off-center strikes.
The same powerful technologies that deliver more speed, distance and forgiveness are present in the Z F85 Fairway Woods and Z H85 Hybrids.
Key Innovations Inside Z Series Woods:
- Ti51AF Cup Face – Stronger, lighter and faster. The new Ti51AF Cup Face produces exceptional ball speed for greater distance.
- Lightweight Carbon Crown – The lightweight carbon crown moves mass to the perimeter for more forgiving and accurate drives.
- Quick Tune System – Effortlessly adjust swing weights in both drivers, while the Z 785 Driver allows for additional adjustments to loft, lie and face angle with the Quick Tune System.
- Premium Shafts – The Handcrafted Project X HZRDUS shaft is a top-performing tour shaft and is the stock offering in the Z 785 Driver.
Z Series Irons
Building upon the success of our previous generation, the new Z Series Irons offer tour-validated designs with a soft forged feel. Cutting-edge technologies that help enhance distance, workability and feel, the new Z Series Irons are built to perform.
The Z 785 Irons feature a tour cavity, providing additional mass behind the impact location for increased shot-shaping ability and versatility. The Z 585 Irons feature an added speed groove, which allows for more face-flex, enhancing ball speed and distance.
Both irons offer an updated Tour V.T. Sole for smoother turf interaction and more consistent ball striking, while the forged construction from the soft 1020 carbon steel provides a better feel through impact.
Meanwhile, the Z 585s are similarly forged; though feature a high-strength steel face for more ball speed – now with an added speed groove for even more consistent distance control. Outstanding feel, control and distance from two lines which can be seamlessly blended together into a mixed set.
The new Z U85 Utility Iron features a hollow, forged construction for a high-launch trajectory, soft feel, and unmatched distance. The utility irons offer an iron-like address profile making them perfect to create the ideal combo set with the Z 785 or Z 585 Irons depending on player preference.
Key Innovations Inside Z Series Irons:
- Forged Construction – Forged from soft 1020 carbon steel, Srixon’s Z Series Irons offer a better feel and less vibration through impact.
- Tour V.T. Sole – Provides more consistent ball striking with smoother turf interaction.
- Speed Groove – A new internal channel on the SUP10 face insert within the Z 585 Irons allows for more face-flex, enhancing ball speed and distance.
- Tour Cavity – Available solely in the Z 785 Irons, extra mass behind your impact location allows for powerful shot shaping with increased versatility.
“When I’m putting the club behind the ball I have to be full of confidence and this club looks unbelievable,” said Russell Knox. “The new Srixon Z 785 Iron is exactly how I want an iron to look. It’s very easy to hit, and I know I’m going to hit a very good shot even before I hit it. The sweet spot’s massive.”
“We already know that Srixon has one of the best forged irons on the market,” McDowell said. “The stats say that. Tour players choose it, even when they don’t have to. It sits great behind the ball and has that nice, soft buttery feel off the face.”
Visit Srixon Golf here: