RICKIE FOWLER, PUMA GOLF & ARNIE’S ARMY CONTINUE PARTNERSHIP TO HONOR THE LEGENDARY ARNOLD PALMER WITH ICONIC UMBRELLA LOGOED SHOES, BAGS & CAPS;
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE ARNOLD & WINNIE PALMER FOUNDATION
CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 4, 2019) – In tribute to Arnold Palmer, Rickie Fowler will once again head to Bay Hill for the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard, with special plans to pay tribute to The King. Throughout the week, Fowler will sport a custom PUMA Arnold Palmer P Cap, Limited Edition IGNITE PROADAPT footwear, and carry a custom COBRA x Vessel Stand Bag, all sporting the iconic Umbrella Logo, designed to honor the life and career of golf’s most beloved figure.
PUMA will sell a limited number of Fowler’s custom Arnold Palmer items here, and at select retailers, giving fans the chance to join in and honor Mr. Palmer. Additionally, a small quantity of the custom caps, stand bags and shoes, personally autographed by Fowler, will be available for purchase at pumagolf.com, with 100% of sales supporting the Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation.
In 2018, Fowler sported a pair of custom Arnold Palmer hi-tops, and those, along with other Arnold Palmer-branded PUMA gear, were auctioned off, helping to raise more than $46,000 for the charity.
For 2019, PUMA has also worked directly with the Arnold Palmer team to create the Ultimate Golf Package that will be included in a sweepstakes (click here) and open to anyone who makes a donation to support the Foundation.
- Fans who donate to the Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation will be entered to win the Grand Prize – Roundtrip airfare for two (2), hotel accommodation, and a round of golf at the prestigious Bay Hill Club & Lodge, along with a personal tour of Mr. Palmer’s office. The package will also include Fowler signed custom Arnold Palmer gear (bag, P Cap and shoes) and additional PUMA gear to outfit the winners during their once-in-a-lifetime round of golf.
- Additionally, some bids will also include custom AP caps or Rickie-signed API Pin Flags. Click here for full details.
Here are the details of the custom Arnold Palmer gear that will be available for purchase and included in the auction package:
ARNOLD PALMER IGNITE PROADAPT Shoes: ($250) The IGNITE PROADAPT shoes were designed to adapt to any lie with stability power and comfort.
- The AP version features the signature Umbrella logo in a repeating pattern, dubbed the “Dancing Umbrella,” on the heel and interior of the shoe.
- Green PUMA Formstripe, Cat logo and heel
- A custom pink sockliner – an ode to Palmer’s love of wearing pink. One features the Umbrella logo, the other an iconic Arnie quote “I never felt like I didn’t have a chance to win.”
- Arnold Palmer’s signature on the side of the shoe.
- Colored lace tips.
ARNOLD PALMER SNAPBACK CAP
- Available in three colorways – all white, white/green, and pink,
- $40 each.
- Features the iconic Umbrella logo layered on the embroidered P.
COBRA + VESSEL Tour Stand Bag:
- This Limited-Edition COBRA + VESSEL collab Tour Stand Bag is inspired by Arnold Palmer. The bag comes in a white and green colorway, with The King’s iconic Umbrella Logo displayed throughout.
- Designed with all the necessary on-course features of a Tour Staff bag, including heavy-duty zippers, durable PU material and a single strap for easy carrying, but in a much lighter package – 60% lighter to be exact.
“Mr. Palmer’s impact on golf transcends generations. Players like Rickie respect and admire the life he lived and his contributions to the game,” said Grant Knudson, Global Head of Product, PUMA Golf. “We are once again honored to align the PUMA brand with the Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation, helping to raise funds and awareness for causes that were so close to Mr. & Mrs. Palmer’s hearts.”
“The Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation is thrilled to continue working with COBRA PUMA Golf and Rickie Fowler on the limited-edition Arnold Palmer collection,” said Chris Kolodinksy, the foundation’s Chief Development Officer. “COBRA PUMA Golf and Rickie Fowler are industry-leading in the world of golf fashion—we couldn’t imagine better partners.”
For more information on PUMA Golf’s planned initiatives with the Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation for 2019, visit https://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/arnoldpalmer19.
Latest posts by Matt Meeker (see all)
- Vineyard Vines Jim Nantz Collection Apparel Review - March 22, 2019
- Cobra KING F9 Speedback Driver Review - March 19, 2019
- PING G410 Irons Review - March 18, 2019