HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Dec. 7, 2020— SRIXON®, a global leader in golf equipment innovation, announces the launch of the all-new ZX Woods, tour-validated woods suited for the needs of golf’s best players. Srixon’s ZX Woods officially launch in North America on January 15, 2021.
ZX Woods were designed with one thing in mind: speed. ZX Woods help generate more speed and distance thanks to Srixon’s new Rebound Frame Technology.
Rebound Frame Technology works by layering alternating zones of flexibility and stiffness that work in tandem to focus more energy into the ball at impact. The result is increased ball speed and distance off every tee.
“Rebound Frame represents the best energy transfer system we’ve ever designed into a driver,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “From the center of the face to the very rear of the club, we’ve tuned the clubhead stiffness to put more energy into the ball than ever before. The entire driver head works in harmony to provide an unprecedented rebound effect, giving you more maximum ball speed for more distance.”
With assistance from our tour staff, Srixon’s ZX Drivers bring speed and power to the forefront. Both drivers feature a strong but lightweight carbon crown that is 15% larger than the previous generations. This new crown repositions mass low, deep, and around the perimeter, increasing MOI and forgiveness on every drive.
The ZX7 Driver delivers total control due to a penetrating ball flight and adjustability features to give any player their desired launch conditions. Meanwhile, the ZX5 Driver delivers total confidence due to a larger footprint and flattened shape, with a single weight placed low and deep to help make ZX5 Drivers ideal for straight drives that launch high and carry far.
The same powerful technologies, tour preferred shaping, and focus on speed are featured in the new line of ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids to deliver outstanding distance performance.
The ZX7 Driver, ZX Fairway Woods, and the ZX Hybrids comes standard with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft, while the ZX5 Driver features the Project X HZRDUS EvenFlow Riptide Shaft. Every model in the new ZX Woods family features the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip.
Key Innovations Inside ZX Woods:
- Rebound Frame – By focusing more energy into the golf ball, Rebound Frame’s unique structure increases ball speed and distance on every shot, especially center-face impacts.
- Lightweight Carbon Crown – A 15% larger carbon crown repositions mass low, pushing MOI up and increasing forgiveness.
- Adjustability – A single weight port in the ZX5 Driver and two weight ports in the ZX7 Driver allows for adjustments to CG or swing weight, while an adjustable hosel provides variation in loft, lie, and face angle.
- Crown Step – Featured in the ZX Fairway Woods and ZX Hybrids, the stepped crown lowers the center of gravity to optimize launch and increase MOI.
Retail Information and Pricing
Pricing: ZX7 Driver – $529.99, ZX5 Driver – $499.99, ZX Fairway Woods – $269.99, ZX Hybrids – $229.99
U.S. Retail Launch Date: January 15, 2021
Visit Srixon HERE
Latest posts by Matt Meeker (see all)
- Vessel Player III Carbon Black Golf Bag Review - March 17, 2023
- VRST Golf Apparel Review - March 14, 2023
- Titleist TSR1 Driver Review - March 9, 2023