HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Nov. 16, 2020 — SRIXON®, a global leader in top quality irons, announces the launch of the new ZX Irons, state-of-the-art equipment at the cutting edge of iron design and performance. Srixon’s ZX Irons officially launch in North America on January 15, 2021.
Srixon remains at the forefront of iron design and performance, and the new ZX Irons represent the perfect combination of beauty and power.
“While the new ZX Irons are gorgeous to look down at, it’s the technology inside that’s even more exciting,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “Hotter faces designed using AI optimization delivers more speed. Meanwhile, varying grooves throughout the iron set gives golfers consistent distance control, and forged construction helps them feel incredible at impact.”
Created with human intelligence yet perfected by the artificial kind, MainFrame is a one-of-a-kind face design that increases ball speed on every shot. Milled into the backside of every iron face, MainFrame is a variable thickness pattern made up of grooves, channels, and cavities.
After two years of learning and refining, these final faces offer greatly improved COR because they maximize flex at impact for more ball speed on every strike.
Srixon’s ZX5 irons combine pioneering ball speed technology with premium forged feel and delivers all of it in a forgiving yet workable profile that’s razor sharp at address.
Meanwhile, Srixon’s ZX7 irons provide a compact blade shape, slim topline, and narrow sole that delivers the workability, feel, and aesthetics of a world-class players iron.
Both irons offer an updated Tour V.T. Sole that glides smoothly through the turf, progressive grooves to improve consistency, and forged construction from a soft 1020 carbon steel body that absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.
ZX Utility Irons are smaller and more compact than previous generations, delivering a more blade-like address profile that blends seamlessly with any set. ZX Utility Irons deliver Srixon’s MainFrame technology, along with a hollow design and multi-piece construction. All of these powerful technologies come together in a smaller profile, with all the same forgiveness that is expected from a utility iron.
Key Innovations Inside ZX Irons:
- MainFrame – A milled pattern on the backside of each ZX5 Iron face optimizes COR for more ball speed and more distance on every shot.
- Tour Cavity – Mass repositioned to ZX7’s sweet spot and perimeter provide a remarkably soft feel at impact and increased workability.
- Progressive Grooves – Grooves in the 8i through PW on the ZX5 and ZX7 irons are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green.
- Tour V.T. Sole – V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through the turf, while the ZX5 and ZX7 irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches.
Retail Information and Pricing
Pricing: ZX7 Irons (8-piece steel) – $1,299.99, ZX5 Irons (8-piece steel) – $1,299.99, ZX5 Irons (8-piece graphite) – $1,399.99, ZX Utility Irons – $219.99
U.S. Retail Launch Date: January 15, 2021
Visit Srixon HERE
Latest posts by Matt Meeker (see all)
- Vessel Player III Carbon Black Golf Bag Review - March 17, 2023
- VRST Golf Apparel Review - March 14, 2023
- Titleist TSR1 Driver Review - March 9, 2023