Cleveland Golf Introduces Launcher HB Turbo Woods: Go Faster
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Cleveland® Golf, where scoring matters, is proud to announce the Launcher HB Turbo Driver and Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods. The Launcher HB Turbo launches in North America on Oct. 4, 2019.
For Cleveland Golf, Launcher has always stood for one thing: launching the ball high in the air and straight down the fairway. The new Launcher HB Turbo remains committed to that mission with a lighter hosel, improved crown, and deeper weighting. Only now, it’s faster.
The Launcher HB Turbo features a Turbocharged Cup Face, which offers a unique variable thickness pattern that delivers more speed across the entire face. The Turbocharged Cup Face stretches along the crown and sole, flexing at impact and reflecting that energy back into the ball for increased ball speeds at impact.
The redesigned HiBore Crown features a prominent step that lowers the center of gravity, while the Ultralight Hosel is even lighter to remove mass from a poor position. All of these weight savings culminate in the Deep Weighting sole pad. The result: a center of gravity that’s 4.4mm deeper and 2.2 mm lower, increasing launch at impact and maximizing distance off the tee.
Launcher HB Turbo comes standard with the new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft, which pulls weight from the length of the shaft and repositions it on the grip end. This makes the shaft feel incredibly easy to swing and allows for extra mass in the club head for increased momentum and more speed on every swing.
The same speed-enhancing technologies that define the Launcher HB Turbo Driver are featured within the Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods, delivering more speed and distance off the tee or when going for the green in two.
Key Innovations Inside Launcher HB Turbo:
- Turbocharged Cup Face: The new Turbocharged Cup Face, enhanced with a new variable face design, provides higher COR over a larger impact area for increased ball speeds and more distance.
- HiBore Crown: The redesigned HiBore Crown lowers the center-of-gravity (CG) by 2.2mm, enabling a lower CG position for optimal launch conditions.
- Deep Weighting: Discretionary mass savings positioned for significant increases to MOI, delivering more forgiveness.
- Ultralight Hosel: External and internal weight reduction, redistributed low and deep for a higher launch and more forgiveness.
- Counter Balanced Shaft Design: Specifically designed for the Launcher HB Turbo, the Miyazaki C. Kua’s center-of-gravity is relocated higher toward the grip, enabling additional head mass for increased MOI.
The Launcher HB Turbo Driver is available in two different models: standard (9°, 10.5°, 12° options) and DRAW (10.5°). The Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods feature a 3-wood (15°) and 5-wood (18°).
Visit Cleveland Golf here:
Nippon Shaft Wins Porsche European Open In Hamburg
CARLSBAD, CA – A player who recently finished among the top five in the PGA Tour’s FedExCup standings relied on Nippon Shaft steel shafts in his irons to win the Porsche European Open in Hamburg, Germany over the weekend (Sept. 8).
It was the 196th worldwide professional victory for the MODUS³ shaft series and the 42nd MODUS³ victory in the 2018-19 season.
The 42-year-old Englishman played Nippon Shaft’s N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 120 TX-flex steel shafts in his irons and N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 120 X-flex in his wedges on his way to shooting a 14-under par total 274 with rounds of 66-73-69-66. He birdied two of his last three holes to win by a stroke.
It was the first European Tour victory in five years for the Arizona resident and his 14th career European Tour win. He birdied the par 5 16 and par 3 17th to break out of a three-way tie and go on to victory.
Earlier this season he defended his title at the Valspar Championship at Innisbrook in the Tampa Bay area.
Nippon Shaft products are available globally either as stock or custom shafts in many of the world’s top iron brands.
Visit Nippon Shaft here:
Ahead Creates Customized Packages For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
NEW BEDFORD, MA – In support of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, AHEAD – the foremost headwear and accessories vendor in the golf industry – has created specially-priced headwear collection for clubs to use in promoting awareness in their own shops and at events.
The “Show Your Support, Wear Pink” headwear package includes nine pieces each of three styles of Kate Lord headwear (27 pieces) at a pre-pack price of $290.25. The headwear assortment includes white and rosebud (pink) hats. Each piece may be embroidered with a club or company logo, with side embroidery at no extra charge.
Visit AHEAD here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- TaylorMade Announces the SIM2 Family of Drivers, Fairway Metals, Hybrids, and Irons - January 19, 2021
- Golf News – January 19, 2021 - January 19, 2021
- Callaway Golf Announces New Epic Drivers And Fairway Woods - January 15, 2021