ACCRA Wins at the Portugal Masters
ACCRA premium golf shafts recorded another victory on the European Tour this past weekend. The three time major champion from Dublin Ireland and veteran of both the PGA and European PGA Tours posted a 23 under par score to win the 2016 Portugal Masters by one shot. He was custom fit with an ACCRA Tour Zx 455 shaft in his TaylorMade driver, an ACCRA Concept Series 380 shaft in his Taylormade fairway wood, Tour Z hybrid shaft in his Wilson hybrid, Tour Z hybrid shaft in his Wilson 4 iron and an ACCRA iSeries Tour 110 iron shaft in his Wilson 5 iron.
His 6 birdie, bogey free final round was enough to clinch the championship from the defending champion.
“ACCRA shafts are designed for professional clubfitters and offer multiple shaft profiles enabling fitters to optimize launch conditions for all levels of golfers” stated Ken Thompson (ACCRA) “In this case, the Tour Zx 400 series of shafts along with the iSeries Tour offered the stability and penetrating flight that the player was looking for.” continued Mr. Thompson.
ACCRA Tour Zx 455 features high modulus materials and a kevlar reinforced tip section to produce low launch and low spin launch characteristics. Although many super light weight shafts do not maintain the same profile and flex as heavier weight shafts of the same model, ACCRA’s “Constant Flex Technology (CFT)” ensures that all Tour Zx shafts maintain identical profiles from 45 grams through 85 gram models. This makes ACCRA Tour Zx an excellent option for golfers looking for a stable lightweight alternative.
“ACCRA is proud that all of our shafts are custom fit by the world’s best clubfitters. This ensures that all levels of discerning golfers will get the same fitting experience that a PGA Tour player receives.” stated Jeff Lake (ACCRA). “All ACCRA designs have the professional clubfitter in mind. Technologies like CFT, DymTec, and S3 launch enables fitters to optimize launch conditions for all golfers.” continued Mr. Lake.
For more product information, or to locate a certified ACCRA fitter near you, please visit www.accragolf.com .
Exotics XJ1 Fairway Woods Sheer Power Benefits the Majority
Lighter club, faster swing speed, more distance!
Batavia, IL (October 26, 2016) – Today Tour Edge Golf officially announces the new Exotics XJ1 fairway woods. Always at the forefront of technology, Exotics research and development has once again brought to market a groundbreaking material that benefits players — but this time, it benefits real-world players with real-world swing speeds. The material behind the new XJ1 fairway woods is a titanium so powerful, Tour Edge engineers refer to it as SUPERMETAL.
Once again, our engineers are the first to bring new material combinations to the market. The ultimate combination of a new ultra-lightweight 9-1-1 titanium body and a heavy tungsten sole exceeds all design platforms. The XJ1 fairway wood body is constructed entirely of the brand new 9-1-1 titanium which is remarkably light, 10 percent lighter than 6A4v titanium, allowing engineers to save significant weight in the body. The unprecedented strength of 9-1-1 enables it to be thinner and more reactive, even at lower swing speeds.
“The Exotics brand was created to bring the best technology to the market. In previous models that benefitted players with faster swing speeds,” said David Glod, president and founder of Tour Edge Golf. “I am thrilled that the XJ1 fairway woods perform better for all golfers, but especially for low to mid swing speeds. Finally, an advanced technological club, with the Exotics stamp of approval, that improves the game for those who need it most.”
The XJ1 fairway wood’s lightweight body allows the majority of the weight in the club to be in the sole. The heavy Tungsten sole holds 124-grams, two-thirds of the entire mass of the clubhead. The added weight generates high launch angels and produces a low center of gravity for extremely easy to hit shots from any lie with optimal results. The Tour Edge R&D team utilized combo brazing in the XJ1 fairway woods to adhere the titanium body to the tungsten sole. Experience dictated that combo brazing was the most effective method to combine the two materials and maintain our notoriously high level of Tour Edge quality control.
The XJ1 face technology is streamlined for effectiveness, featuring SP 700 Beta Titanium to create super high C.O.R., all over the face for impressive distance gains. The face is laser bonded to the body for consistent weighting along the seams and allowing for a larger face. Double V variable face thickness (VFT) technology offers multiple levels of thickness that maximizes the spring like effect from more points on the face. By thinning and thickening the face, the v-shapes produce a powerful launch for explosive distance even on off-center hits.
Designed with the real-world golfer in mind, technicians of the XJ1 fairway woods also included a 12-gram tungsten screw in the heel positioned strategically for draw enhancement and faster release of the club head through impact. Additional weights are available in a kit; 10, 14, 16 grams.
Ultra-stable lightweight Fujikura AIR SPEEDER shaft is 45 grams of added power. Tour Edge is the first company to put this shaft in production. Projected ship date is November 15, 2016. The XJ1 fairway wood is available in 3-wood (15 degree), 4-wood (17 degree), 5-wood (18 degree), and 7-wood (21 degree), right hand only. Suggested retail price: $449.99.
Experience “Vino Nirvana” With Premier Golf’s Custom Wine And Golf Travel Packages
(DULUTH, GA) – Premier Golf (premiergolf.com) – experts at world travel and the exclusive distributor of Ryder Cup travel packages since 1991 – is offering select golf itineraries to wine-rich regions around the globe.
Wine / Golf package options include memorable trips to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy and Napa Valley, California. Each package combines golf, wine tours, accommodations and immersive local excursions.
“We’ve crafted some of the most unique golf and wine golf experiences you’ll find anywhere,” said Premier Golf President Jim Ward. “Creating custom, world-class golf experiences is at the heart of what we do – adding the world’s finest wine to a Premier Golf vacation package is icing on the cake.”
Wine / Golf Destinations include:
• South Africa: The top wineries are concentrated around Cape Town in celebrated areas such as Paarl, Stellenbosch and Worcester. South African golfers Ernie Els (Stellenbosch) and David Frost (Paarl) have highly successful wineries; top courses to play: Leopard Creek, Fancourt Links, Gary Player Country Club, Arabella Golf Club and Pearl Valley Golf Estate.
• Australia: The country has over 1,800 golf courses and more than 60 wine regions with a superb selection of Shiraz, Chardonnay and sparkling wines; top courses to play: Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath, Royal Adelaide, Victoria Golf Club, New South Wales and Barnbougle Dunes Golf Links.
• New Zealand: There are 12 major wine regions – Northland, Auckland, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s Bay, Wellington and Gisborne on the North Island and Nelson, Marlborough, Canterbury, Otago, Wanaka and Queenstown on the South Island; top courses to play: Cape Kidnappers, Kauri Cliffs, Jack’s Point, Kinloch Club.
• France: France produces billions of bottles of wine each year, including bubbly champagnes, rich reds and crisp whites. France is home to 550 golf courses and will host the 2018 Ryder Cup matches at Le Golf National L’Albatross near Paris; top courses to play: St. Nom la Bretesche, Les Bordes, Chantilly (Vineuil) and Fontainebleu.
• Italy: There are 20 wine regions throughout the country, producing one-third of the world’s total wine production. The site for Ryder Cup 2022 is Marco Simone Country Club near Rome; top courses to play: Royal Park Roveri, Biella, Castelconturbia, Villa d’Este and Golf Nazionale.
• Napa Valley: There are more than 400 wineries in the Napa Valley region with tours and tastings galore. Situated near the wineries are two excellent luxury resorts, Silverado Resort & Spa, which has two championship golf courses, and Meritage Resort at Napa; top courses to play: North & South courses at Silverado Resort, Chardonnay Golf Club and Eagle Vines Golf Club.
Custom or pre-selected itineraries are available for each wine region, including the option to visit more than one on the same trip.
In addition to providing packages to the aforementioned wine / golf destinations, Premier Golf serves packages to many elite U.S. golf hotspots including Bandon Dunes, Streamsong, PGA Village, Destination Kohler and Hilton Head Island.
For more information, visit premiergolf.com, or call +800 35461233. (International), 1-866-260-4409 (United States). Premier Golf’s phone lines are open seven days a week.