(DULUTH, GA) -Tickets to the 41st Ryder Cup were allocated last fall, but there’s a way to join the thrilling spectacle through Premier Golf, which offers a variety of lodging packages including admission to the game’s most intense competition.
Emotions will be high when the United States’ team battles its European counterparts at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minn., Sept. 29-Oct 3. With less than 150 days to go before the competition, several hotel options have already sold out.
Remaining Premier Golf Ryder Cup packages include:
1. Ultimate Ryder Cup Experience (starting at $6,995, double occupancy): four nights’ accommodations at the luxurious J.W. Marriott Bloomington with daily breakfast, round trip transportation, daily event admission (Thurs-Sun), welcome reception, special gift and exclusive access to the Premier Golf Hospitality Chalet on Saturday and Sunday
2. Resort Package: (starting at $3,495, double occupancy): four nights’ stay at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel with daily breakfast, round trip transportation, daily event admission (Thurs-Sun), special gift and welcome reception; guests booking this month (May) will receive one round of golf per person at The Meadows at Mystic Lake (double occupancy required)
3. Gold Tee Package (starting at $3,195, double occupancy): four nights’ lodging at Radisson Hotel Bloomington near Mall of America with daily breakfast, round trip transportation, daily event admission, special gift and welcome reception
4. Blue Tee Package (starting at $2,985, double occupancy): four nights’ stay at The Commons Hotel on the University of Minnesota campus with daily breakfast, round trip transportation, daily event admission, special gift and welcome reception
“Premier Golf gives fans the golf thrill of a lifetime,” says company president Jim Ward. “This is our 13th consecutive Ryder Cup and it’s poised to be our best one yet.”
Premier Golf Ryder Cup Package optional add-ons include the following.
1. Premier Golf VIP Hospitality Chalet Upgrade: access to luxurious amenities at the 16th hole overlooking the action, including air conditioning, lounge chairs, wide screen televisions, catered food, open bar and executive washrooms
2. International Pavilion Upgrade: access to covered meeting place with live television broadcasts of the competition
3. Extra nights / practice round day tickets
Premier Golf also customizes “Ryder Cup Extensions” including accommodations, tee times, transportation and non-golf activities in Pinehurst, N.C.; Streamsong, Fla.; Sea Island, Ga.; Kohler, Wisc. and Charleston, S.C.
For more information about Premier Golf’s Ryder Cup Packages or other travel options, visit premiergolf.com or call 866.260.4409.
Watkinsville, GA – Introducing the Tifosi Crit, a new interchangeable lens model for medium to large face sizes. The double-vented lenses keep fogging down to a minimum and the aerodynamic design is ideal for cycling, running, triathlon, and other active sports. Also available in a single-lens Fototec model, there is a Crit for every athlete’s preference, at an excellent value: $69.95 – $79.95 MSRP.
The Crit is packed with Tifosi technology features:
• Hydrophilic ear & nose pieces – Slip resistance, even when sweaty
• Double-vented lenses to prevent fogging
• Adjustable arms & nose pieces for a customizable fit
• 100% UVA/UVB protection
• Shatterproof Polycarbonate lenses
Lens options include interchangeable lens packages: Clarion hydrophobic/AC Red/Clear, Smoke/AC Red/Clear, Smoke/GT/EC, and a photochromic option, Smoke Fototec. All include a zippered case, cleaning bag, and a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects*.
Founded in 2003, Tifosi Optics, Inc. is the #1 selling eyewear brand in U.S. specialty cycling and running shops**. Tifosi products are available at over 5,000 retail locations in 60 countries, as well as online at dozens of e-tailers. Specializing in active sports optics for cycling, running, outdoor, golf, and shooting sports, Tifosi has become a leading manufacturer of technologically advanced, value-oriented sports eyewear.
For more information, visit tifosioptics.com.
(PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla.) – PGA National Resort & Spa – South Florida’s world-class golf, spa, vacation and meetings destination – announces a packed roster of summer promotions and exceptional room rates.
They include exclusive special rates for connecting rooms, Florida resident rates, myriad family-friendly activities and active summer camps uniquely designed for kids:
Summer Family and Friends Fun Rooms Rate
Friends and families can enjoy a luxury stay in two connecting rooms at the legendary destination starting at $199 per night for both accommodations (plus tax and resort fee). The offer is perfect for family outings or groups of friends seeking a budget-friendly vacation with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two balconies or terraces offering splendid South Florida golf, pool or spa views.
Special Florida Resident Rates
Residents of the Sunshine State can plan a South Florida getaway with exclusive savings starting at $129 per room, per night (resort fee, tax additional) with a 2 p.m. late checkout (based on availability).
Summer Escape and Play
This value-packed offer is ideal for golfers. Starting at $94.50 per person per night based on double occupancy (taxes, resort fees extra), it features nightly accommodations; full breakfast each day in the Palm Terrace restaurant; one round of golf daily on The Palmer, Fazio, Squire or Estates courses ($50 surcharge for The Champion Course); complimentary replay round daily (confirmed on the day of play); and use of the resort’s “Waters of the World” mineral pools. There is a $35 cart fee (per person, per day) and the package also includes range balls and bag storage. Through Sept., kids 12 and younger eat free breakfast and golf free after 2 p.m. (one kid per adult on this package).
Kids Summer Camps
Ideal for creating fond childhood memories, from June 6 – Aug. 12, PGA National offers fun, educational and active experiences for children ages 4-17 in a luxurious resort environment. One-week sessions are $200 for members and $250 for non-members. Two consecutive weeks are $380 (members) and $480 (non-members). There is a 10 percent discount for siblings (ages 4 – 11).
Daily schedules additionally include arts and crafts, pool usage, water games, and unique entrainment and activities based on weekly themes. Programs include the “Summer Junior Golf Camp” developed and conducted by the world renowned David Leadbetter Golf Academy, “Tennis Camp” designed for the beginner player to the advanced, and “Resort Camp” featuring themed weekly activities, lunch, swim time, golf lessons, tennis lessons and more. To register or learn more call 561.627.6393.
The themed weekly program dates are: Adventure Land (June 6 – 10), Mad Scientist (June 13 – 17), Chefs in the Kitchen (June 20 – 24), Nature Week (July 11 – 15), “Frozen” in Summer (July 18 – 22), Art Antics (July 25 – 29), Sports Week (Aug. 1 – 5) and Wet N’ Wild (Aug. 8 – 12). Child drop off is from 8:30 – 9 a.m. with pick up from 5:30 – 9 p.m.
PGA National offers a variety of ways to beat the summer heat including its famed “Waters of the World,” a collection of outdoor mineral pools from the healing waters of the Earth’s most treasured locations. The resort’s zero-entry pool – located centrally to the hotel – is a refreshing, tropical retreat surrounded by lush palm trees. The Wave Bar & Grill is the resort’s cabana-style poolside grill featuring frozen cocktails, finger foods and casual delights.
For more PGA National Resort & Spa information: pgaresort.com or call 561.627.2000.
Golphin Wins Golf Digest Editors’ Choice Award For Best Beginner Junior Golf Clubs
AYRSHIRE, Scotland (May 5, 2016) – Golphin Ltd. (golphin.com), an award-winning Scottish-based company which designs and manufactures specialized golf equipment for children, won Golf Digest’s inaugural Editors’ Choice Award for Best Beginner Junior Golf Clubs, as announced in the May 2016 issue of the magazine.
“We are honored and delighted with this award,” said Calum McPherson, founder and managing director of Golphin. “It is validation by golf industry leaders that our innovative clubs are helping to grow the game.”
Golphin’s GFK (golfinforkids) line of junior equipment “introduces the game in an effective – and more important, fun – fashion,” according to the Golf Digest editors.
Building on its successful début of beginner junior clubs throughout the U.S. and around the world, Golphin soon will introduce equipment for more advanced players, too.
“With Golphin’s GFK range pioneering a new methodology when introducing kids to golf, the next step is just about to appear on the horizon,” McPherson said. “An exciting innovation called Beginners to Winners is about to be launched.
“This will include a stage-2 advanced range of clubs to make sure kids have the very best technology to help their progressive development.”
This is the first year Golf Digest editors have rated their favorite products, apparel, hotels and resorts, thus enhancing the publication’s well-known and longstanding rankings of golf courses, resorts and destinations, golf teachers and clubfitters. The Golf Digest annual Hot List is a highly-recognized ranking list of golf equipment. This marks the first time that junior golf clubs have been rated by the magazine’s editors.
Three premier on-island resorts offer golfers special prices on Lowcountry getaways
(HILTON HEAD, S.C.) – Hilton Head Golf Island (HHGI) – the International Association of Golf Tour Operators’ Golf Destination of the Year for North America for 2016 – announces a wide selection of stay-and-play packages available throughout the late spring and early summer.
Boasting outstanding courses, exceptional value, pleasant weather and direct flights from major cities, Hilton Head Island remains a highly regarded golf destination. In addition to the IAGTO honor, Hilton Head Island has received accolades this year from Golfweek, Golf Advisor and the South Carolina Golf Course Rating Panel.
A selection of packages offered at hiltonheadgolfisland.com:
• Heritage Golf Collection Family Fun in the Sun – Starting at $450 per person (based on a family of four), this package is comprised of seven nights’ accommodations in a resort view villa and a round of golf per person at Shipyard Golf Club or Port Royal Golf Club. A round of Foot Golf per person at Port Royal also is offered (carts not included), along with dinner vouchers for four and a Heritage Golf Collection VIP discount card. Subject to availability of accommodations, the package includes all taxes and fees.
• Palmetto Dunes “Birdies and Beer Getaway” – Features four days/three nights in a two-bedroom villa at the Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, and three rounds of golf on the resort’s three championship layouts: Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront, Arthur Hills and George Fazio. Starting at $165 per golfer/per night, the promotion includes breakfast and beers via a resort gift card. Also included are range balls, dining and pro shop discounts, two hours of court time per day per villa at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, and preferred rates and priority access to all resort activities and amenities.
• The Sea Pines Resort “Villa Golf Package” – Guests enjoy private villa accommodations for four nights and a round of golf at Harbour Town Golf Links and Heron Point by Pete Dye, with complimentary green fees for afternoon replays on Heron Point based on availability (cart fees apply). Starting at $174 per person, this offer also includes a warm-up bag of range balls per round, and complimentary wireless internet and use of The Sea Pines Resort Fitness Center.
“These packages are ideal for everyone coming to Hilton Head Island – from golf getaways groups to families embracing the sport’s values,” says Cary Corbitt, President of the Lowcountry Golf Course Owners Association and Vice President of Sports and Operations at Sea Pines Resort. “The late spring and early summer mark a great time to experience what this great destination has to offer.”
Getting to Hilton Head Island is easier than ever from East Coast and Midwest population centers. JetBlue Airways operates non-stop flights from Boston and New York City to Savannah / Hilton Head International Airport (SAV). Allegiant Air also flies non-stop into Savannah / Hilton Head from Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and other cities. Fourteen other locales offer non-stop service to SAV including Chicago, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
For additional information about rates, restrictions and other package inclusions, or to receive a quote: hiltonheadgolfisland.com, 800.523.3373.