Si Woo Kim Claims THE PLAYERS Championship Using Bag Filled with TaylorMade’s New Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball
21-year-old Kim rises above elite field at TPC Sawgrass to capture 2nd career PGA TOUR victory and yet another for Team TaylorMade as company’s momentum on Tour surges into Summer
Si Woo Kim plays a bag filled with ’17 M1 metalwoods (M1, M1 & M1), P770 & 750 irons and TP5x, the TOUR’s only 5-layer ball, and the same ball available at retailers worldwide
What You Need To Know:
– Kim’s victory is the 17th in 20 weeks on global tours for TaylorMade’s new ’17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
– With 62 in play (42.8%), TaylorMade again dominated the driver count at THE PLAYERS.
– Kim plays the all-new ’17 M1 460 driver, which he first put into play at the Tournament of Champions in January. He has it shafted with a MRC Tensei Blue TX, his normal go-to setup this season. Off the tee, he averaged 306 yards this weekend, more than 10 yards higher than the field average.
– Kim plays a combination set of the P750 & P770 irons, opting for the 3-4 in the P770 & 5-9 in the P750. Both are equipped with KBS Tour-V 125 shafts. He’s had this setup since the Waste Management Open in February.
– Including Kim, 5 of the top 10 finishers gamed TaylorMade drivers at the tournament.
– Kim is the youngest-ever winner of THE PLAYERS.
– This was the sixth win this season on the PGA TOUR for the new TP5/TP5X ball and 8th global victory, with Kim joining Sergio Garcia, Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm, among others, who’ve won with TaylorMade’s new golf ball. He first put the ball into play at the Tournament of Champions.
Si Woo Kim’s winning bag at THE PLAYERS:
– ’17 M1 460 Driver / 8.5* / MCA Tensei Blue TX
– ’17 M1 Fairway / 15* / MCA Kuro Kage Dual TiNi 80TX
– ’17 M1 Fairway / 19* /Matrix Speed Rulz 80C TX
– P750 Tour Proto Irons / 5-9 / KBS Tour-V 125
– P770 Irons / 3-4 / KBS Tour-V 125
– TP5x Golf Ball
Bridgestone Golf TourB Series Clubs Now Available Through Nationwide Fitting Network
(COVINGTON, GA) – Bridgestone Golf – Innovator and manufacturer of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories – officially releases its ultra-premium TourB Series of drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and irons, now available in limited quantities through select fitting partners around the United States.
Locations offering the high-end, Japanese-crafted clubs can be found through the company’s website at https://bridgestonegolf.com/en-us/where-to-buy/find-a-golf-retailer#/TourB. These Bridgestone Golf authorized fitters work closely with customers to determine the best clubhead / shaft combinations to ensure clubs are built to the exact specifications that will most benefit the user. A variety of the highest-quality components are incorporated into the fitting process, including exotic premium shafts from Mitsubishi Diamana, Fujikura, UST Mamiya and Aldila (estimated added value of more than $300).
“Our TourB Series was created for players who want the absolute highest quality materials and components in a package that looks amazing and delivers unmatched performance,” says Zack Kupperbusch, Golf Club Marketing. “Through our expert fitting locations, golfers will receive the highest attention to detail and can rest assured that their clubs properly match their game.”
Driver, fairway wood and hybrid innovations include:
- FAST Crown – through Flex Action Speed Technology, the crown flexes at impact creating incredible ball speed off the face
- Power Ribs – When paired with the FAST design, power ribs ensure the sole of the club remains stable, allowing the crown to flex even more at impact
- Power Milling Technology – Stabilizes the ball at impact to increase quality compression time
TourB Series drivers are offered in three unique models, the XD-3, XD-5 and XD-7, featuring a matte finish and adjustable hosel that allows eight face-angle / lie configurations. All come with interchangeable weights (2g, 4g, 6g, 8g, 10g, 12g) to dial-in preferred trajectory and shot shape. Designed with the compact shape preferred by better players, XD-F fairway woods are available in 15* and 18* lofts and the XD-H hybrids are available in 18*, 21* and 24* options.
Adding to Bridgestone Golf’s celebrated line of forged irons for low handicappers is the cavity-backed X-CB and traditional X-Blade. Both feature high-quality 1020 forging, 15 premium shaft options and minimal offset for a clean address and excellent workability. Additionally, the two have a forged mass strategically placed behind the impact zone for incredibly solid feel and response. The X-CB is engineered with a wider sole to prevent digging and encourage smooth turf interaction, while the X-Blade has a narrow sole, preferred by many Tour players, to help shape shots of all varieties.
Drivers will be priced at $699, while fairway woods and hybrids are listed at $399 and $249, respectively. Both the X-CB and X-Blade will be $1200 (4-PW).
SPIRIT HOLLOW TO HOST US OPEN LOCAL QUALIFER ON MAY 15, 2017
Sixty-six players will vie for four spots in next round of qualifying
Burlington, Iowa – Spirit Hollow Golf Club plays host to the local qualifier for the US Open beginning at 8:30am on Monday, May 15, 2017.
Sixty-six players, including 38 amateurs and 28 professionals, will compete for four spots in the next level of competition to reach the ultimate goal of playing in the US Open at Erin Hills in June.
The competitors will face a course set up to reward risk and creative shot making. From the gold tees, Spirit Hollow, the #2 ranked course in Iowa by Golf Digest and Golf Week, will play to a par 72 and stretch to 7,396 yard. USGA pace of play standards will have all players finishing their round in four hours, forty minutes.
“It is an honor to have these elite players compete at Spirit Hollow,” commented Jim Wyffels, General Manager. “Our course will provide a true test of each player’s ability to navigate the fairways, bunkers and greens on their way to competing for a coveted spot in the US Open field.”
Spirit Hollow, which opened in 2000 was designed by Rick Jacobson to provide risk/reward opportunities at every turn with the chance to use every club in the bag. In addition to 15,000 trees lining the fairways, rock outcroppings, valleys and streams flow throughout the layout.
Since 2002, Spirit Hollow has played host multiple Iowa Golf Association events, including the Iowa Amateur (2002 and 2012), Senior Am (2009), Match Play (2005 and 2009), Mid-Amateur (2015) and State Four-Ball (2016). Spirit Hollow was the host course for the Golfweek Conference Challenge from 2011-2016. In 2015, the Missouri Valley Conference played the Women’s Championship at the course and in 2018 it is slated to host the IWGA Women’s Amateur.