Innovative new shoe from the market leader offers freedom of movement & outstanding traction
FootJoy, the #1 Shoe in Golf, introduces a radically new category of golf shoes, called FreeStyle, highlighted by unique technology specifically designed to deliver exceptional traction, mobility and comfort.
FreeStyle shoes help generate maximum power by providing greater freedom of movement throughout the golf swing.
Through internal testing it has been determined that some players can benefit from structured, stable shoes (like ICON Black™ and DryJoys Tour™) to help quiet their lower half and maintain control while maximizing performance, yet this testing also found there are others who want to be able to roll uninhibited throughout their swing. Freedom of movement for these types of players equates to increased power and the construction of the Freestyle shoes deliver the most mobile characteristics of any category in the FJ lineup.
“FreeStyle is arguably FootJoy’s most imaginative and distinctive shoe ever and will particularly help golfers who would benefit from increased freedom of movement when swinging the golf club,” said Doug Robinson, FJ Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide. “By drawing inspiration from a tree frog and emulating their incredible grip and flexibility properties in the texture and functional elements of an outsole, our design and development team has created something truly unique in the golf shoe market.”
While FreeStyle allows for a more natural movement, the shoe doesn’t compromise on grip – a crucial factor in generating more power. The inspiration for this supreme grip comes from a Red-Eyed Tree Frog who generates incredible gripping power on any surface; hence the birth of F.R.O.G.S. outsole technology, where traction elements increase ground contact points throughout the swing in all weather and underfoot conditions.
F.R.O.G.S. Technology incorporates a super-flexible new SoftMaxTM translucent outsole that offers both a softer feel and extra grip, while a new FTFTM 3.0 midsole compound is the brand’s softest and most comfortable yet. The Softspikes Tour LockTM system and new translucent Pulsar cleats deliver exceptional low-profile grip with a dynamic, frog-like flex.
Beneath the upper is an InnerSokTM Fit System – including both TongueLokTM and HeelLokTM mechanisms – to help hold the foot securely in place throughout the golf swing.
FREESTYLE KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Superior Traction
- The R.O.G.S. outsole (FJ’s Revolutionary Outsole Grip System) is constructed utilizing SoftMax™ molded translucent rubber delivering soft cushioning and complete mobility. The Pulsar cleats feature dynamic cushioning and green-friendly traction.
- New translucent and super-flexible SoftMaxTM outsole provides a softer feel and extra grip;
- New FTFTM 0 midsole compound, FootJoy’s softest yet, delivers outstanding underfoot cushioning
- Softspikes Tour LockTM system delivers a low-profile and high-retention receptacle and cleat combination.
- New translucent Pulsar cleats offers dynamic, green-friendly traction.
- Upper Features
- Lightweight performance mesh upper delivers incredible comfort, breathability and durability
- The InnerSok™ system offers an achilles pad for additional support and comfort in the heel counter, while the Tongue-Lok™ instep grip ensures additional slip-resistant fit in a key location under the tongue;
- L4 BOA Lacing System with translucent dial provides the ultimate fit;
- 2 year Waterproof Warranty.
- Natural Motion & Cushioning
- New midsole compound and construction methods allows for greater torsional flexibility;
- No internal shank encourages maximum freedom of movement and ground contact.
- Color options
- Navy/Orange/Lime, White/Grey/Charcoal, Black/White/Grey, Grey/Green/Navy, Grey/Navy/Berry (Boa), Black/Lime/Grey (Boa)
These highly engineered series of super shafts feature Fujikura’s new for 2016 XLR8 Technology
Vista, Calif. – January 14, 2016 – Fujikura Golf, recognized for designing and producing the world’s best performance golf shafts, has gathered years of enso® shaft recordings and data to produce their highest shaft technology to date – XLR8.
This revolutionary, state-of-the art, XLR8 shaft technology creates a stiffer handle and tip by moving weight into the butt end, generating a more reactive mid-section which increases kick speed. The results are a more efficient energy to the club head with greater acceleration for maximum club head speed, power and distance. This engineering technology will be available on three highly popular Fujikura Golf Shafts, the PRO, the SIX, and the Speeder PRO Series.
More than a singular technology, enso® represents our commitment to advancing elegant, enlightened shaft design and performance at the highest levels, accounting for the full array of the swing, club head, and shaft dynamics in the design process. This holistic approach to shaft development and biomechanics includes a proprietary system which can measure thousands of swings and club performance at both pre and post impact. These shaft recordings illustrate shaft deflection, twist and club head performance based on shaft movement.
FOX Sports announces that they will be making a change to their commentary team, and Greg Norman will not return to the network’s USGA Championships coverage in 2016. The announcement was made today by John Entz, President of Production & Executive Producer, FOX Sports.
Both parties have agreed to an amicable separation and will continue to work together to broadcast the Franklin Templeton Shootout, which remains an important part of FOX Sports’ golf platform.
“After careful consideration, we have decided to make this change to our USGA Championships coverage,” said John Entz. “We want to thank Greg for his contributions last year, and wish him success in all his current and future endeavors.”
“I put a lot into my role this past year and really enjoyed the time I spent with the commentary team,” said Norman. “I have a long history with FOX and wish them well on their journey showcasing USGA Championships. I also want to thank David Hill (former Head of FOX Sports) and the USGA for believing in me and instilling their vote of confidence in me from the outset.”