CARLSBAD, CA – The Open in July marked the third consecutive major championship in 2022 won by players trusting Titleist drivers for their success – and the first with the new TSR model. The TSR is the next generation of the Titleist Speed Project that began more than six years ago with the TS series and was followed by the popular TSi models.
Available in golf shops worldwide beginning September 23 – with global fittings beginning today – the new TSR drivers are designed to bring more speed and distance to every golfer.
Each of the three models – the TSR2, TSR3 and TSR4 – provide distinct performance options for a variety of players. The TSR2 is a “max” performance driver offering the perfect combination of speed and stability, while the TSR3 provides speed and distance through precision tuning technologies such as SureFit Adjustable CG Track weighting. The TSR4’s adjustable weighting system allows for more control than ever over spin conditions.
Titleist Speed-inspired drivers have been the choice of more players and more champions on the PGA TOUR for four years running. The new TSR models made their debut at the Travelers Championship in June, where 18 players switched the first week it was available for competition. There were a combined 21 TSR models in play at The Open, where Cameron Smith edged Cameron Young by one shot, giving the Titleist TSR3 a 1-2 finish at the year’s final major.
- Advanced Aerodynamics: Since the inception of the Titleist Speed Project, Titleist engineers have continued to put greater emphasis on aerodynamics being one of the most essential routes to increasing clubhead speed. Among the refinements, TSR models feature a new ‘boat tail’ shape that houses swing weight, moving one more element of drag off the club sole.
- Multi-Plateau and Speed Ring Variable Face Thickness (VFT) Technologies: TSR drivers employ two new VFT constructions, each offering specific performance benefits engineered to work for different player profiles. The TSR2 and TSR4 feature a multi-plateau VFT face that is built inward, layer by layer, to create nearly constant CT across the entire hitting surface. This results in a more forgiving clubface for off-center strikes. The VFT construction of the TSR3 is found in its Speed Ring face, where Titleist engineers focused on centering the maximum CT/COR relationship into the sweet spot, helping players who find the middle of the face get even more speed off the tee.
- Player-Tuned Designs: The full TSR line reflects a single-minded focus on the golfer, including the look, feel and sound of each, which are a result of direct feedback from tour players and other discerning players.
- Aerospace Grade Titanium: Titleist continues to utilize the best-performing materials in the construction of TSR drivers, including premium aerospace grade titanium, which is employed by the likes of NASA and feature unique properties in terms of strength, recoil, and durability.
- CT tested and maximized: Every TSR driver is precision manufactured to the tightest tolerances and measured multiple times to ensure performance at the maximum allowable limit.
- SureFit Hosel Compatible: All TSR drivers feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel and are compatible with all Titleist TSi, TS, 917, 915, 913 and 910 models.
TITLEIST TSR DRIVER MODELS
For the player that tends to make contact across the entire face, TSR2 is the perfect combination of speed and stability, now in a more refined player-preferred shape. Designed for maximum performance for both on- and off-center contact. Improved aerodynamics make TSR2 faster through the air, and a reimagined look and redesigned toe shape improves face angle at address. A Multi-Plateau VFT face builds the face inward, layer-by-layer, to create consistent CT across the face with forgiveness and speed no matter the impact location. Optimized CG placement – lower and more forward than prior generations – increases ball speed and improves launch and spin conditions.
A player’s driver with optimal feel that provides speed, distance, and playability through precision tuning. Engineered for speed, distance, and playability with performance-tuned adjustability. A refined and reimagined SureFit Adjustable CG Track System allows players to position the CG exactly where they need and want it, customizing their ideal and exact setup. An advance in clubface technology, the TSR3’s Speed Ring VFT Face was created using a conical variable face thickness. This feature focuses the maximum CT/COR relationship into one central sweet spot. Continuing upon the success of TSi3’s 460cc shape, TSR3 maintains the tour-preferred shaping while adding subtle refinements to improve aerodynamics.
For players looking to neutralize excess spin, TSR4 is the ultimate low-spin driver, now with added adjustability. The ultimate low-spin driver of which every detail, from sound to feel, is fine-tuned to meet the standards of high spin players. Features a multi-plateau VFT face, like TSR2, so that the entire hitting area is designed to capture consistent speed and distance. Two adjustable weighting options allow players to customize their spin profile: a heavier weight in the forward setting maximizes spin reduction, while moving the weight to the back creates more of a “TSR3.5” performance profile.
FEATURED AND PREMIUM SHAFTS
With a fit for every type of player, TSR’s featured and premium shaft options represent a wide range of performance and swing profiles. Players can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium Graphite Design shafts. Titleist offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices in addition to the lineups below:
- HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology.
- TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Straight Flight Weighting and Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel and durability.
- HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower.
- TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fiber Weave technology to enhance feel and stability.
Premium Shafts: TSR premium offerings include three shafts manufactured by Graphite Design and utilize exclusive TORAYCA carbon fibers to produce elite performance dynamics. All shafts are available in 50, 60, 70 and 80g.
- TOUR AD UB: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking for mid-launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD DI: For mid-to-high swing speeds seeking mid/high launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD IZ: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking to have high launch with low spin.
Visit Titleist Golf HERE