Cleveland Golf Introduces Launcher HB Turbo Irons, Launcher UHX Irons and Launcher Halo
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Cleveland® Golf is proud to announce the release of the Launcher HB Turbo Irons, Launcher UHX Irons and Launcher Halo. Built for more speed and more precision, step up and launch it with the latest generation of irons and hybrids from Cleveland Golf. Cleveland’s Launcher HB Turbo Irons, Launcher UHX Irons and Launcher Halo officially launch in North America on October 4, 2019.
Launcher HB Turbo Irons
The Launcher HB Turbo Irons deliver maximum forgiveness and an easy-to-hit to profile specifically targeted at game improvement players seeking more distance and more accuracy.
Launcher HB Turbo Irons maintain a fully hollow construction, allowing for optimized sole weighting for shots that launch higher, but now incorporate a new high strength, turbocharged face insert that is thinner and hotter for more speed on every shot.
The redesign HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep within the base of the Launcher HB Turbo Irons. This placement produces shots that launch off the face, fly high, and stay on their intended target. Progressive shaping throughout the entire set maintains forgiveness in the long irons, with compact short irons that provide optimal control.
Key Innovations Inside the Launcher HB Turbo Irons:
- Hollow Construction: Fully hollow construction along with internal stabilizing ribs provides ultimate forgiveness on every shot.
- Turbocharged Face: Each iron features a turbocharged, high strength steel face that is thinner and hotter for increased ball speeds and explosive distance.
- HiBore Crown: Redesigned HiBore Crown features low, deep weighting to produce an easy to hit, high ball flight.
- Progressive Hollow Shaping: Progressive shaping provides a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons. It’s a seamless changeover with forgiveness where you need it and control where you want it.
Cleveland’s Launcher HB Turbo Irons are available in both men’s and women’s along with right and left hand options. The Launcher HB Turbo Irons are priced at $799.99 MAP for a seven-piece steel set. For graphite options, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons are $899.99 MAP for a seven-piece set.
Launcher UHX Irons
The Launcher UHX Irons are the most progressive combo set of hollow and cavity back irons on the market. It’s a completely new way to approach one complete set of irons.
Launcher UHX Irons incorporate hollow long irons (4-7-irons) for more distance and forgiveness, with lower and deeper weighting compared to traditional cavity back irons. Meanwhile, the 8-iron through pitching wedge features a cavity back construction, which focuses on precision and control rather than maximizing distance. The result: a seamless transition throughout to create one unified iron set.
Furthermore, Launcher UHX Irons feature a high strength, variable steel face insert, incorporated into each long iron, for higher ball speeds across the entire face and more distance on every shot. The latest iteration of our V-Shaped Sole offers added forgiveness and improved speed retention, while Cleveland’s proprietary Tour Zip Grooves and enhanced Laser Milling delivers reliable, consistent spin when attacking the pin.
Launcher UHX Utility Irons will also be available as individual clubs for sale to add forgiveness to any iron set. Offered in 3, 4, and 5-iron lofts, Launcher UHX Utility Irons deliver the distance and forgiveness of a hybrid in an iron-like address profile.
Key Innovations Inside the Launcher UHX Irons:
- Hollow and Cavity Back Construction: Hollow long irons provide more forgiveness, while cavity back short irons provide more control when attacking the pin.
- Variable High Strength Steel Face: A variable high strength HT1770M steel face insert delivers explosive ball speeds for increased distance, even on heel and toe impacts.
- V-Shaped Sole: Featured in both the cavity back and hollow designs, the V-Shaped Sole improves turf interaction for better speed retention at impact.
- Tour Zip Grooves: Tour Zip Grooves and Laser Milling deliver maximum spin for optimal control throughout the Launcher UHX Irons.
The Launcher Halo returns, offering a versatile scoring club designed for any situation. Featuring new Gliderail Technology, the Launcher Halo is optimized for better turf interaction from the toughest of lies.
While the Gliderails provide optimal speed retention, the enhanced HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep for a low spin, high launch ball flight. Halo Weighting shifts more weight to the perimeter for increased MOI and better overall forgiveness.
A new variable face insert, utilizing HT1770M steel, allows the Launcher Halo to provide improved ball speeds for more distance, even on off-center strikes.
Key Innovations Inside the Launcher Halo:
- Gliderails: Featuring a set of three rails, the leading edge and sole geometries are optimized for improved turf interaction and speed retention.
- HiBore Crown: The redesigned HiBore Crown enables a lower CG position, promoting that ideal low spin, high launch ball flight.
- High Strength Steel Face: Constructed using high strength steel, the variable face insert provides higher COR over a larger impact area leading to increased ball speeds and distance.
Visit Cleveland Golf here:
Stephen Curry Lighting Up the Golf World in 2019.
BALTIMORE, MD – Following the announcement of the SC30 Range Unlimited golf line in June, Under Armour is launching the limited-edition collection from the two-time NBA MVP and three-time World Champion.
Across tops, bottoms, footwear and outerwear, Range Unlimited combines Stephen’s unique style with Under Armour’s best-in-class innovation, most notably in Iso-Chill polos and the Curry 6 SL spikeless golf shoe.
The SC30 Range Unlimited collection is available in limited quantities at UA.com, Under Armour Brand Houses across North America, Europe and Asia, as well as at select pro shops in the United States.
Visit Under Armour golf here:
Nippon Shaft Wins Third Straight On European Tour
CARLSBAD, CA – The man who has tallied the most Ryder Cup points all-time used Nippon Shaft products in the Netherlands Sunday (Sept. 15) to record the company’s third consecutive European Tour victory.
The 39-year-old Spaniard used N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 130 X-flex steel shafts in his irons and wedges to shoot 18-under par 270 with rounds of 68-67-66-69 at The International course in Amsterdam.
Nippon Shaft won the Porsche European Open last week in Hamburg and the Omega European Masters in Switzerland the week before that.
It was the 16th European Tour victory for the champion, who jumped to 13th from 23rd on the all-important Race to Dubai standings.
It was the 197th worldwide professional victory for the MODUS³ shaft series and the 43rd MODUS³ victory in the 2018-19 season. The MODUS³ Tour 130 has six wins this season.
“Nippon Shaft congratulates the winner of the KLM Open on his outstanding victory in Amsterdam,” said Hiro Fukuda, sales and marketing for Nippon Shaft. “Nippon Shaft is very proud to be the shaft of choice for such a phenomenal player.”
Visit Nippon Shaft here: