Powered By M3 Driver And TP5 Golf Ball, Justin Rose Regains Top Position In OWGR With Victory At Turkish Airlines Open
CARLSBAD, CA – Justin Rose defends a tournament title for the first time in his storied career by winning the Turkish Airlines Open in a dramatic playoff over fellow TaylorMade stablemate Haotong Li. Rose’s victory is his 11th European Tour career win and the 20th for TaylorMade’s M3 & M4 Drivers in 2018=
What you need to know:
- With Rose’s win, TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 20 tournaments worldwide this year, outpacing any other manufacturer this season.
- It was a 1-2 finish for Twist Face Technology, with runner-up and fellow TaylorMade Staff player Haotong Li using an M4 driver.
- Rose returns to World #1 in the OWGR after initially taking top spot after winning the FedEx Cup earlier this year.
- This is Rose’s 11th European Tour career win and 2nd Rolex Series Event title, alongside being the first title Justin has successfully defended in his career. Justin moves to 3rd in the Race to Dubai standings.
- Rose plays an 8.5° M3 460 driver equipped with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK 60TX, Justin averaged 295.8 yards off the tee for the tournament.
- Rose, as he has for most of the season played a P790 4 iron before transitioning into the P730 irons (5-9). Rose has them equipped with KBS Tour C-Taper 125 S+ shafts (4-7) and KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X shafts (8-9)
- Rose’s wedge setup remains largely unchanged; he plays the Milled Grind in 48°, 52° & 56° lofts, as well as a 60° Hi-Toe, which has been TaylorMade’s most sought after wedge on Tour. All are equipped with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135X shafts.
- Rose has put faith in his TP Red Ardmore 2 putter all season, which he feels best suits his eye on the greens. He averaged 28 putts per round, good for 6th for the tournament.
Visit TaylorMade Golf here:
Cleveland Golf Introduces The New Huntington Beach Soft Putters
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Cleveland Golf® is proud to announce the new Huntington Beach SOFT putters, where science and artistry come together for your best putting performance. Get the distance control, soft feel and confidence to sink more putts with the new Huntington Beach SOFT, which officially launches on Friday, Nov. 16, 2018.
“Cleveland Golf putters have always been a great value, but the Huntington Beach SOFT Putter, featuring a speed optimized face and premium finish, takes it to a new level,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development.
The hallmark of the new Huntington Beach SOFT putters is Cleveland Golf’s proprietary Speed Optimized Face Technology (SOFT). SOFT helps normalize ball speed across the face of the putter, meaning, no matter where you strike your putt, you get consistent speed and consistent distance.
A unique aspect of these Huntington Beach SOFT putters is a custom face-milling pattern for every head shape. Rather than relying on the same face pattern on every putter shape, Huntington Beach SOFT utilizes a gradual face-milling pattern on higher MOI models, while using a more rapid milling variation on lower MOI models.
“The Huntington Beach SOFT putter’s speed optimized face is one of the most advanced technologies available to improve putting performance,” Brunski said. “You’ll make more putts – plain and simple. The fact we’re delivering it at such an aggressive price point makes this one of the best values in the market.”
Cleveland Golf’s Huntington Beach SOFT putters feature a coarse, diamond-shaped milling pattern to soften the feel at impact while increasing friction for a more consistent roll. Each one is crafted from soft 304 Stainless Steel, delivering a better feel and more confidence on the green.
Key Innovations Inside Huntington Beach SOFT:
- Speed Optimized Face Technology: Provides consistent distance and speed control on every putt, even mishits.
- Diamond CNC Milling Pattern: Deep grooves provide soft feel with a true roll that starts on-line.
- Optimized Center of Gravity Location: Strategic weight redistribution provides solid feel and stability for straighter putts.
- Tour-Proven Shapes: Six tour-proven models will suit any golfer’s stroke and style.
Featuring classic designs and highly advanced shapes, the new Huntington Beach SOFT putters deliver score-dropping technology in a finely crafted package to help golfers of all skill levels improve their performance on the greens.
Visit Cleveland Golf here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Tour Edge Launches Exotics 723 E and C Series of Metals and Irons - February 7, 2023
- Golf News – February 7, 2023 - February 7, 2023
- Golf News – January 26, 2023 - January 26, 2023