Under Armour Golf’s Newest Shoe Delivers Golfers Total Comfort and Powerful Energy Return
BALTIMORE, MD – Whether you walk the course on weekends or play professionally on the PGA Tour, golfers of all levels know the importance of comfort; they spend more consistent time in their shoes than athletes in any other sport. However, plush underfoot cushioning can impede generation of the power needed at impact. With this insight, Under Armour Golf set out to create a golf shoe that provides full-round comfort without sacrificing the responsive energy return naturally generated by the golf swing.
The solution? The Under Armour HOVR Drive.
Rounds of golf are long, and exhausting if your footwear is uncomfortable. In the HOVR Drive, you get full length HOVR cushioning from the heel to the forefoot. Paired with a lightweight midsole and outsole, and an integrated lacing system, your feet will feel as good on the 18th as they did on hole 1.
The UA HOVR Drive features Under Armour’s proprietary UA HOVR cushioning. This technology provides a soft underfoot, yet delivers explosive energy return shot after shot. The golf swing starts from the ground up and, with UA HOVR cushioning, ground reaction forces can be harnessed for responsive power.
Comfort means nothing if you’re not locked in through a swing. RST 2.0 rotational resistance spikes on the HOVR Drive delivers traction to prevent rotational slippage as the foot turns and pivots through the swing, while the green-friendly Softspike Silver Tornado spikes provide horizontal traction to walk the course in comfort.
As Isaac Newton’s third law states, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” Traditionally, golf footwear has used cushioning to mitigate that reaction, providing comfort but losing the power of weight-loading when in the backswing. The HOVR Drive’s use of UA HOVR cushioning proves that you can have your cake and eat it too – a comfortable ride doesn’t have to sacrifice power.
Visit Under Armour Golf here:
Lynx Golf Unveils Black Cat Line
WEYBRIDGE, SURREY, UK – Lynx® Golf – the iconic equipment brand trusted by multiple major championship winners over its storied history – introduces the next generation of its famous Black Cat line of clubs, which will be available at select retail channels and online beginning in mid-April.
Black Cat has been designed for the discerning golfer who is looking for superior performance coupled with beautiful aesthetics that harken back to the pinnacle of the Lynx brand. State-of-the-art technology provides unrivaled ball speeds with remarkable forgiveness while the updated styling brings an icon of the past into the modern era. The collection consists of new models in the driver, fairway wood, hybrid and iron categories to maximize performance throughout the bag.
The new line features innovations unique to the Lynx brand:
- Effective Energy Transfer – Each driver, fairway wood and hybrid is engineered this proprietary technology designed to disperse energy across the club face, offering greater forgiveness on off-centre hits.
- Weight Bar System – Found in the line’s driver and fairway woods, the system transfers weight from the front to the back of the clubhead, giving players control over their preferred launch and spin rate.
- Hollow Head Technology with Variable Face Thickness – each iron distributes weight across the hitting surface while a polymer-filled hollow cavity in the head allows for one of the thinnest forged faces in the industry. This provides more effective energy transfer across the face for increased ball speeds and a higher, more stable MOI throughout the set. Available in high polished steel or black PVD finishes, the Black Cat irons provide the performance golfers expect from one of the sports most storied names, in an attractive, modern package.
Under the new UK ownership, Lynx® Golf has become one of the great success stories in the golf industry, recording double-digit annual sales increases every year since 2013.
Visit Lynx Golf here:
Nippon Shaft Wins HSBC Women’s World Championship
CARLSBAD, CA– With Nippon Shaft’s N.S.PRO 950GH steel shafts in her irons and the N.S.PRO MODUS³ Wedge 105 shafts in her wedges, the 25-year-old South Korean shot an 8-under par 64 to come from four shots behind and win the HSBC Women’s World Championship Sunday in Singapore.
It was the 160th worldwide professional victory for the MODUS³ shaft series. The GH series has had hundreds of global victories alone.
The two-time major champion from Seoul birdied five of her first seven holes of the final round and made four more birdies on the back nine to pull ahead and win by two at the Sentosa Golf Club’s Tanjong Course. She finished at 15-under par 273 with rounds of 69-71-69-64.
It was the 16th professional career victory for the 2017 Rookie and Player of the Year, whose two major titles are the 2017 U.S. Women’s Open and the 2018 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.
“Nippon Shaft is very proud that the winner of the 2019 HSBC Women’s World Championship relied on Nippon Shaft products to help her win Singapore,” said Hiro Fukuda, marketing and sales for Nippon Shaft. “We wish the number one player continued success in her already distinguished career.”
Visit Nippon Shaft here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019
- PING Introduces G410 LST Driver and Blueprint Forged Blade Iron - May 20, 2019
- Golf News – May 17, 2019 - May 17, 2019