ECCO® GOLF Re-Introduces Original GOLF STREET
LONDONDERRY, NH – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces the re-release of the brand’s iconic ECCO GOLF STREET model. In celebration of the 10-year anniversary of the hybrid revolution, the original GOLF STREET styles will be available for a limited time.
The hybrid movement was originally sparked by brand ambassador Fred Couples, who famously debuted the original GOLF STREET at The Masters in 2010. A concept that changed thinking for golf shoe design and is widely regarded as having re-shaped the golf footwear industry, the original GOLF STREET shoe was created from the simple notion that a golf shoe can be much more versatile.
“A decade ago, ECCO GOLF revolutionized golf footwear and we are celebrating the milestone by bringing back the hybrid shoe that started it all,” says Jesper Thuen, General Manager, ECCO GOLF USA. “Because of that monumental week, hybrids became an instant success and the preferred choice by golfers around the globe.”
The 2020 iteration pays homage to the original GOLF STREET collection, available in the U.S. only in the same iconic colorways, including the Licorice/Coffee/Fanta combination worn by Couples.
As featured in the original design, the GOLF STREET leather upper sits atop the award-winning E-DTS™ outsole that boasts more than 800 traction angles for superb grip. Additional features include:
- Full-grain, pebbled nappa leather uppers kept durable and comfortable due to a water resistant HYDROMAX® treatment.
- A premium and high quality micro-perforated leather lining promotes sophisticated aesthetics while leather-lined inlay soles offer unique moisture management properties, as well as enhanced performance through long-term cushioning and maximum comfort.
Like all ECCO GOLF shoes, GOLF STREET is crafted at company-owned factories that utilize FLUIDFORM™ technology to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Henrik Stenson, Thomas Bjørn, Fred Couples, Erik van Rooyen, Doc Redman, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and Caroline Masson, among others.
Visit ECCO Golf here:
Puma Golf & Rickie Fowler Team up With Arnie’s ARMY to Pay Homage to ‘the King’ at Arnold Palmer Invitational With Limited Edition Gear Inspired by His Life
CARLSBAD, CA – To honor one of golf’s greats, COBRA PUMA Golf athlete Rickie Fowler will once again don a limited-edition collection of gear at the upcoming Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard. Throughout the week, Fowler will wear accessories and use gear that was inspired by the life of his friend and mentor, Arnold Palmer, including a new API COBRA x Vessel Stand Bag, special headwear and a pair of IGNITE PROADAPT PALMER shoes.
To allow fans to celebrate the namesake of one of the golf’s most beloved events, PUMA will sell a limited number of the same custom gear Fowler will be wearing and other distinctive items online and at select retailers. Additionally, PUMA has partnered with the Arnold Palmer team to once again raise funds for the Arnold & Winnie Palmer Foundation, creating the Ultimate Golf Package that will be included in a sweepstakes and open to anyone who makes a donation to support the Foundation. A limited number of PUMA API caps, shoes, stand and staff bags, personally autographed by Fowler, will also be included in the grand prize and as smaller prizes for donations. Sweepstakes will also include a trip for the winner and a guest to Bay Hill for a private tour and a round of golf. Click here for more details.
The 2020 PUMA Golf API Limited Edition Collection includes the following gear:
- IGNITE PROADAPT Palmer Shoes: ($250) The IGNITE PROADAPT shoes were designed to provide stability, power, and comfort demanded by the world’s best athletes.
- IGNITE NXT Arnie Camo Shoes: ($150) The IGNITE NXT Arnie Camo shoes are designed to honor the life and career of golf’s most beloved figure, while offering the same great performance and comfort golfers have come to expect from the IGNITE NXT line.
- API CAMO P110 Snapback Cap: ($35) Available in five eye-catching colorways (White/ Arnie Camo, Light Blue/Arnie Camo, White/Pink Arnie Camo and Black/Arnie Camo, Grey/Purple Arnie Camo).
- N1AP Rope 110 Cap: ($35) Available in three classic colorways (Light Blue, Pink, White)
- Bay Hill/Latrobe City Caps: ($35) Available in either a Bay Hill (white with Pink lettering and green accent) or Latrobe (White with Green Lettering and pink accent) these caps rep two places synonymous with Mr. Palmer’s legacy.
- API PUMA + Vessel Stand Bag: ($599) This Limited-Edition COBRA x VESSEL collab Tour Stand Bag comes in a white & green colorway, featuring a unique Arnie Camo pattern (mimicking the NXT Arnie shoes) inspired by the colors from his iconic Umbrella logo.
Designed with all the necessary on-course features of a Tour Staff bag, including heavy-duty zippers, durable PU material and a single strap for easy carrying, but in a much lighter package – 60% lighter to be exact.
Visit PUMA Golf here:
Royal Albartross Celebrates Year’s First Major With A Masterly New Shoe
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – Royal Albartross—the premium golf and lifestyle brand specializing in shoes and accessories handmade of the world’s finest leathers—is kicking off golf’s major-championship season with an elegant Masters-inspired shoe. Pre-sale starts this Friday, March 6 on the Royal Albartross web site, www.royalalbartross.com.
Called “The Driver 63” in honor of the lowest-ever single-round score at Augusta National Golf Club (shared by Nick Price in 1986 and Greg Norman in 1996), the new shoe is designed to bring both style and performance whether playing a round yourself or walking around at work or home. Each Driver 63 is handmade in Portugal of luxurious dark-green Italian leather and suede uppers, with yellow and gold accents, a soft, breathable leather lining, and a lightweight Apex sole.
“Excellence has a number – and it’s 63,” said Alex Bartholomew, Founder, CEO and Head Designer of Royal Albartross. “We’ve created this casual-meets-classic, special edition Driver 63 golf shoe to celebrate the course record at what is, to many, the most iconic major in the golf world.”
On the course, the lightweight, hybrid construction of Driver 63 provides exceptional comfort enhanced by a cushioning insole made of shock-absorbing foam. The Apex sole is designed for traction and support in all directions, no matter how you swing. Those same characteristics make it an outstanding choice off the course, as well, aided by a spacious toe box and an outsole made of extra-durable thermoplastic and polymer materials that stand up to the demands of everyday life.
Visit Royal Albatross here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – June 7, 2023 - June 7, 2023
- Golf News – June 2, 2023 - June 2, 2023
- Golf News – May 30, 2023 - May 30, 2023