Cobra® Golf Introduces New King Mim Wedges For A New Standard In Softness And Precision-Shaping
CARLSBAD, CA – COBRA® Golf, a leader in golf club innovation, unveiled today its new KING MIM Wedges, the first in golf to feature a fully Metal-Injection-Molded (MIM) 304 stainless steel head construction. The MIM process represents a significant advancement in wedge manufacturing, delivering the most precise shape possible for truly exceptional feel and turf interaction in every wedge COBRA manufactures.
Unlike forged wedges, MIM manufacturing reduces the amount of post-process polishing, where in the past, there was a heavy reliance on skilled machinists to grind consistent wedge shapes by hand. Each wedge is created using a mixture of 304 stainless steel metal powder, which is then heated and injected into a mold. Using a sintering process, the metal is heated to a higher temperature than forging (1340°C vs. 1200°C), resulting in a more even grain structure than forged and cast wedges and the softest feel the industry’s ever seen. In addition to being the first metal injection molded wedges, the KING MIM Wedges are the first in golf to utilize a fully robotic polishing process where the robot is pre-programmed to polish each wedge to exact specifications – a sharp contrast to the variability found in the traditional manual hand-polishing process. This fully automated process eliminates variance in head weight and thickness and creates more precise grind shapes and more predictable bounce in each wedge.
In addition to the MIM process and Fully Robotic Polishing process, the new KING MIM Wedges are constructed with the following game boosting technologies:
- Versatile Tour Wedge Grind – This grind, also utilized by Rickie Fowler in his custom ground wedges on Tour, provides additional toe-relief for optimal versatility. You can easily open the face to execute a delicate flop or close the face to hit a bump and run as needed.
- Precision CNC Milled Face & Grooves – A fully CNC milled face maximizes surface roughness and delivers precise lofts and groove shapes to optimize trajectory and spin performance.
- Radial CNC Milling Pattern – The circular milling pattern helps to maximize spin on softer shots where the ball doesn’t go as deep into the grooves. In addition, the position of the radial milling pattern is intended to help golfers better identify the SWEET ZONE™ for puring their wedges.
- Progressive Spin Technology™ – Progressive groove shapes are CNC milled to optimize performance for each wedge loft. The weaker lofts feature wider, shallower grooves, and the stronger lofts feature narrower, deeper grooves to deliver consistent spin from wedge-to-wedge.
- Premium Chrome Finish – Chrome plating facilitates long lasting durability and provides a classic aesthetic.
- COBRA CONNECT – The COBRA CONNECT, Powered by Arccos™ system features electronically enabled Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips that work in conjunction with the Arccos Caddie app to give users the ability to track their wedge stats, and learn their tendencies so they can practice more effectively.
The KING MIM Wedge is offered in 50, 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60 degree lofts, all in Versatile Grind. Each KING MIM wedge features a black Golf Pride Tour Velvet CONNECT grip and an aftermarket KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 (125g) shaft.
Visit Cobra Golf here:
Taylormade Golf Company Sets New Standard On Tour, Rolls Out New State-Of-The-Art Multi-Level Tour Truck
CARLSBAD, CA – TaylorMade Golf Company, an industry leader in product innovation and technology, today announced the debut of its new, completely re-designed Tour truck, set to make its inaugural appearance on Tour next month at the season’s first major championship. The truck solidifies TaylorMade’s commitment to its world-class Tour staff, widely considered the most elite in the industry.
Inspired by the trucks operated on the Formula 1 circuit, TaylorMade has designed the new Tour truck from the wheels up in collaboration with St. Louis-based industrial fabrication experts, Craftsmen Industries. Featuring dual slide out pods and for the first time a second level for meeting space, the company’s new truck is the biggest and first of its kind on the PGA TOUR.
Weighing 22 tons, the company’s new 42-foot long Tour truck features twelve individual player lockers, four 4K HDR televisions and a two-zone sound system. A modernized workshop includes multiple loft/lie machines, shaft cutters and a dedicated gripping station among a variety of other club building tools for TaylorMade’s Tour team.
In its decade-long run for TaylorMade, the retired trailer traveled an estimated 400,000 miles, attended more than 350 PGA TOUR events and built over 75,000 clubs. TaylorMade’s new truck, set to make its debut at the Season Opener in April, is bigger, boasts more capacity, more workspace and more advanced technology than any truck currently on Tour.
The TaylorMade Tour Truck, by the Numbers:
- 44,000:weight(in pounds)of the trailer
- 35,000: estimated travel miles in first full year on the PGA TOUR
- 1,500+: shafts
- 1,200: TP5 & TP5x golf ball
- 1,000: grips
- 700+: TaylorMade clubheads
- 500: hats & t-shirts
- 450:sq. ft of tinted glass
Watch the TaylorMade Tour truck video here:
Swing Align – The Most Versatile Swing Training Device in Golf
OCEANSIDE, CA – When it comes to great golf swing training aids, most devices only address one aspect of swing mechanics. Very few work on multiple swing issues, until now. Swing Align, the next great golf swing training device, is helping golfers improve through consistent alignment with their target line, through keeping their arms and body in sync while rotating, and by making it easy to build a repeatable golf swing. Swing Align is an intuitive training aid that is simple to use.
Swing Align was developed by golf industry veterans with more than 60 years’ experience, and with input from PGA Tour players as well as top golf instructors. The device provides instant visual feedback and uses muscle memory to ingrain good habits. It can be used to practice at home or on the driving range.
“Two of the biggest issues golfers have are setting up properly and staying connected throughout their golf swing,” says Chris McGinley, co-founder and 30-year golf industry veteran. “The Swing Align training aid was designed to help golfers set up square and hit it solid by providing a strong visual indicator they can use to line up square to their intended target. The device uses muscle memory to develop a repeatable golf swing with more power and accuracy by keeping their arms and body synchronized when rotating.”
Swing Align is a wearable device featuring a highly visible alignment rod that runs through adjustable arm cuffs that swivel and are held together by a flexible connection belt. This allows golfers to use the training device to make an athletic swing with any of their golf clubs, from the driver to irons, wedges or putter. The training aid comes in standard or XL sizes and has an optional, ground-based alignment product with a sliding ball position indicator puck.
Swing Align provides multiple solutions to improve many aspects of the golf swing. It is designed to be primarily worn on the upper body across the biceps for swing training but can also be worn on the lower body just above the knees for additional short game training.
Visit Swing Align here: