Titleist Introduces Ultra-Lightweight TS1 Driver for Effortless Distance
FAIRHAVEN, MA – The new ultra-lightweight Titleist TS1 driver is the fastest way for players with moderate swing speeds to experience the joy of effortless distance.
With the addition of TS1 to the new TS driver family, moderate speed golfers can now experience the explosive ball speed and distance gains that have made Titleist TS2, TS3 and TS4 the most played driver models this season on the PGA Tour.
TS1 ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT CONFIGURATION
From clubhead to grip, TS1 has been strategically engineered and weighted to deliver maximum launch and distance at moderate swing speeds:
- The 275-gram overall weight (shaft dependent) – an incredible 45 grams lighter than the TS2 model, with an 8-gram lighter head weight – generates faster clubhead speeds.
- Ultra-lightweight stock shafts – Fujikura Air Speeder and MCA Fubuki MV (Max Velocity) – weigh in at 40 and 45 grams (L flex: 35 and 39 grams), respectively, delivering high launch for effortless distance.
- An extremely light 32-gram Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Lite grip is 20 grams lighter than the standard model. (Undersize model is 26 grams, 18 grams lighter than standard undersize).
“TS1 is designed for golfers who have a driver swing speed of approximately 85 mph and below, and are averaging about 220 yards or less off the tee,” said Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwoods Development, Titleist Golf Club R&D. “By bringing our TS technology into this extremely lightweight configuration and adding a slight draw bias, we’ve been able to produce dramatic benefits for this group of players.”
TS1 TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE
The innovations used to drive ball speed and distance in TS2, TS3 and TS4 drivers have been optimized for TS1’s ultra-lightweight 460cc Speed Chassis (available in 9.5, 10.5 and 12.5 degree lofts):
- Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown. The thinnest cast titanium crown in the game allows weight to be redistributed for optimal performance at moderate swing speeds.
- Thinner, Faster Face. The fastest face Titleist has ever made, a refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness), increases ball speed and forgiveness. Every TS driver face undergoes a 100% CT inspection to ensure speed performance is at the maximum allowable limit.
- Streamlined Shape. The aerodynamic design reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing even faster for increased clubhead speed and more distance.
- Optimized Weight Distribution. TS1’s deep CG location has been optimized to generate the launch and spin needed by moderate speed players to carry the ball farther, while maximizing off-center ball speed through high MOI properties (similar to TS3).
- Industry-Leading Adjustability. Titleist’s patented SureFit Hosel, featuring 16 independent loft and lie settings, provides additional ball flight optimization through precision fitting. TS1’s SureFit Weight allows for head weight adjustability (from -4g to +6g in 2g increments).
PREMIUM STOCK SHAFTS
Golfers can choose from two ultra-lightweight premium stock shafts which complement the TS1’s design goal of high launch and effortless distance.
FREE TRIAL & FITTINGS
Beginning June 20, golfers can experience the speed of TS1 and the entire TS metals family by attending a Titleist Fitting Day or Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays) being held at locations nationwide.
Visit Titlelist Golf here:
Club Champion Expands Training Program
WILLOWBROOK, IL – Club Champion can call itself the country’s #1 fitter, builder and retailer of the best brands in golf for many reasons, but the expansive fitter and builder training program lends proof to the claim. As of April 2019, the premium fitting brand had updated and expanded its existing classes – already 150+ hours of learning – to include a wider array of topics, more hands-on exercises and additional teaching experts.
The training program, called Club Champion University (CCU), now includes a 144-page manual, six professors, two weeks of classroom learning and mock fitting, followed by another two weeks of live fitting with the team at the Chicagoland headquarters. Hosted every two weeks, the program is the first step in becoming a certified Club Champion fitter.
As part of the CCU expansion, new professors have been added to the roster. Most notably, Brad Syslo, formerly Product Line Manager & Grassroots Program Manager at Wilson Golf and Manager & Master Club Fitter at TaylorMade Performance Labs, has taken the position of Lead Professor. Brad’s most recent experience has been recruiting, hiring and training fitters to manage their own store/territories.
CCU is one of the major points of differentiation between Club Champion and its competitors. Prior golf experience, coupled with the immense knowledge and skills from CCU, ensures a level of expertise unrivaled in the industry. Before they step into a fitting bay, each Club Champion fitter extensively trains on TrackMan swing analysis technology; the SAM PuttLab system; club building, including bending, glueing and more; the fitting process, including how to take data points like smash factor and turn them into suggested club combinations; customer service best practices; sales tools like Salesforce and financing options; and dozens of other touchpoints to round out their existing knowledge and skill set.
To further the education of each master fitter after graduating CCU, Club Champion hosts its own online learning center called Thinkzoom. This platform has training and instructional videos about everything from fitting procedures to products, even customer service. Mandatory classes are held through this platform year-round, along with bi-weekly conference calls and webinars with product manufacturers like Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, Golf Pride and more. Understanding each brand and line of products is imperative when fitting a golfer into the best combination of clubs for their individual swing.
Club Champion’s impeccably trained fitters and builders are just another defining factor in its continued success. Ranked by Golf Digest as one of the 100 Best Club Fitters ten years running, Club Champion is the only fitter in the country to offer 35,000 interchangeable head and shaft combinations on-site, at all locations
Visit Club Champion here: