50th Anniversary Of Puma’s Iconic Suede Shoes Inspires Throwback Collection From Puma Golf And New Golf Suede Shoe
CARLSBAD, CA – The iconic PUMA Suede shoe launched in 1968 and since then has been influencing street style, transcending generations and cultures with its legendary, classic, cool vibe. The shoes remain as relevant today as they were when they launched five decades ago. In honor of the Suede’s 50th anniversary this year, PUMA Golf is launching its Throwback Collection, headlined by the Suede G, featuring the same iconic style of a classic Suede shoe with modern performance technologies ideally suited for the golf course. Building off of the retro design of the Suede G, PUMA’s Throwback Collection for men and women, will include accessories and apparel that pay homage to yesteryear including a polo, Corduroy bottoms, P Cap and a T7 Jacket, delivering timeless style from head to toe.
“The Suede has been a street legend since day one. It’s clean, classic, comfortable, and now we’re excited to bring the same iconic look to the golf course,” said Grant Knudson, Head of Footwear & Accessories, PUMA Golf. “The Suede G will celebrate the retro design of the original version, but incorporate traction and function that’s vital to a spikeless golf shoe. We’re excited to join PUMA in this milestone celebration, and provide golfers with the same epic style that revolutionized the sneaker world 50 years ago.”
Mimicking the classic style of PUMA’s original Suedes, the Suede G shoe ($120) is constructed with a premium, waterproof, low-nap Suede upper and microfiber leather formstripe, but redesigned with an array of on-course performance benefits including the innovative hidden traction outsole which provides the appearance of a fashion-forward sneaker off the course. The Throwback Collection of apparel and accessories is a nod to PUMA’s heritage and classic style, taking inspiration from the original PUMA Dassler logo to create distinctive, throwback style and graphic patterns. Each piece incorporates a modern take on classic style, providing golfers with options that can seamlessly transition from the office to the first tee and the 19th hole.
“The Throwback Collection is unlike anything you’ve ever seen in golf. It merges classic PUMA style, taking inspiration from its throwback looks and original Dassler logo, with modern, game-changing performance fabrics that can seamlessly take you from the golf course to the office,” said Kristin Hinze, Global Head Golf Apparel, PUMA Golf. “In honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Suede, and the introduction of the iconic shoe to golf, we have built a timeless collection of apparel and accessories that beautifully and classically represents PUMA’s rich heritage as the world’s leading sports and lifestyle brand.”
Visir Puma Golf here:
Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa, The All-American Resort for this Fourth of July Week
Whether you want to be peaceful, patriotic or party it up this Fourth of July week, Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa is the place to be
GALENA, IL – Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa is always a fantastic place to get away, but during the Fourth of July week, it is the all-American place to be. From Friday, June 29 through Sunday, July 8, Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa raises the flag to an all-American celebration by offering special Fourth of July week promotions and activities for families.
Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa Fourth of July week promotions and activities include:
- Guests who stay two consecutive nights get the third consecutive night half off. This promotion applies to the newly updated Inn rooms up to a spacious five-bedroom home perfect for family getaways.
- All day family activities are abound including a large bounce house and inflatable obstacle course, giant chess, hula hoops, bean bags at the pool patio lawn, travel buddy workshops, vacation creation, and a Scavenger Hunt around The Galena Territory. In the evening, guests are invited to S’Mores Galore next to the pool patio and The Great Duck Race at the resort pool. The fun ends with Movies and Tubies at the resort pool. On the Fourth of July everyone is invited to three-legged races, watermelon eating contests and more.
- Canoe, kayak and paddleboat rentals are available daily and are free to the resort guests. Pontoon rentals are $50 for 50 minutes. Sunset champagne cruises are available daily starting at 7:30 p.m. for $20 per person. Reservations are required and recommended.
- The Shenandoah Pro Rodeo competition is at its best on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1 at the nearby Shenandoah Riding Center.
- The Firecracker 5k Race is on Saturday, July 7 for all registered participants ages eight and up. Children ages eight and under are welcome to participate at a free sparkler sprint in the morning.
Other activities at Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa include:
- Six exceptional restaurants prepare fresh meals all day. Guests can grab a quick bite overlooking the golf course or enjoy a leisurely culinary and wine experience at the acclaimed Woodlands Restaurant. The hallmark of the resort’s culinary approach is a strong partnership with local farmers, butchers, fishermen and artisans – ensuring the freshest regional ingredients and superb seasonal cuisine throughout the year.
- It is always summer around the heated indoor pool, where guests and families enjoy games and activities like movie nights.
- Guests will instantly relax at the luxurious Stonedrift Spa, with treatments ranging from traditional deep-tissue massages to the drifting stone massage, aromatic facials and energy therapies.