Titleist Introduces New Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putters
FAIRHAVEN, MA– Inspired by the putters he has made for major winners and champions on the worldwide professional golf tours, Scotty Cameron has re-imagined one of his most iconic designs to create three new models called Champions Choice. Crafted in a limited run to be released this summer, the new putters bring the sleek, tour-proven shapes of the Special Select family of putters together with an integrated Teryllium insert and Scotty Cameron’s revered “Button Back” setup, as well as unique graphics and accessories celebrating the history of winning with Scotty Cameron putters.
In select Titleist golf shops worldwide beginning Friday, August 6, the new Champions Choice putters will be offered in three models: Newport Button Back, Newport 2 Button Back (also available in left-handed) and Flowback 5.5 Button Back. Each putter features a solid milled 303 stainless steel body with a soft Teryllium inlay fused together with the iconic button head machine screws and modern vibration dampening technology.
CHAMPIONS CHOICE TECHNOLOGY: An integration of stainless steel and a unique copper alloy, each new Champions Choice putter is engineered with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel body and expertly fused with a Teryllium insert.
- ICONIC DESIGN: Long regarded as an insert with unmistakably soft feel, the return of Teryllium in the iconic Button Back setup celebrates the history of this beloved design element. Its incorporation into the modern Newport, Newport 2 and Flowback 5.5 models offers, in these brand-new setups, the timeless characteristics associated with previous generations of legendary Scotty Cameron putters.
- MULTI-MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION: Each Champions Choice model extends Scotty Cameron’s proven construction methodology of incorporating complementary materials to achieve desired performance and feel. With a precision milled Teryllium insert expertly designed into the 303 stainless steel putter head, this concept continues to be improved upon using modern milling and manufacturing techniques. The Flowback 5.5 also incorporates a 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plate to reposition weight to the perimeter of the putter head for more stability and forgiveness.
- MODERN VIBRATION DAMPENING: The traditional elastomer material of the original Button Backs has been supplemented with the addition of a high-tech vibration dampening material placed between the face insert and the putter head. The combination works perfectly with the Button Back fastening system to provide the unmatched feel and feedback of this renowned material with the extraordinary reliability of a face insert fused with both adhesive and screws.
CHAMPIONS CHOICE MODELS: Three Champions Choice models present golfers with two blade options with plumbing necks and a compact mid-mallet with a slantback neck, in 33”, 34” and 35” lengths:
- Champions Choice Newport Button Back: Scotty’s new Champions Choice Newport Button Back pays homage to the spirit of the original design, but with numerous refinements. Based on the current Special Select Newport head shape, this Button Back also includes a silver misted stainless steel finish, flat topline and performance balanced Tungsten weights in conjunction with the Teryllium insert.
- Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back: Inspired by the putter that was trusted to back-to-back U.S. Open victories in 2017 and 2018, the Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back incorporates decades of design refinements, bringing together the soft feel of a Teryllium alloy inlay, with the updated shape and performance of a modern Newport 2 milled from 303 stainless steel with customizable sole weights and a player preferred, narrower topline.
- Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back: With its classic rounded profile, the Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back has a slantback neck inspired by the prototype putters made for players on the worldwide professional golf tours. Uniquely designed and angled back toward the heel, the neck offers enhanced toe flow and nearly one shaft of offset for a curvy mid-mallet that not only employs the Teryllium inlay, but also the weight-saving inclusion of a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole plate.
WEIGHTING & SHAFTS: Each new Champions Choice putter features heel-toe weighting with two Tungsten (Newport, Newport 2) or stainless steel (Flowback 5.5) weights and stepless steel shafts.
FINISH & GRAPHICS: Scotty’s silver misting process gives each new Champions Choice model a glare resistant sheen for a reliable finish in any light. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavity with translucent red, white and translucent blue accents around the machine screw heads. This color combination carries through to the winner’s stripes designed into the face and sole of this limited offering. The milled flange sight lines are painted black.
ACCESSORIES: Each Champions Choice putter comes with a matching specialty Button Back Limited headcover in the line’s red, white and blue color scheme and includes a gray Pistolini Plus grip with black lettering. Additionally, a custom Champions Choice shaft band adorns each shaft.
Visit Scotty Cameron HERE
Galvin Green Launches Second Installment Of ‘Gameday’ Collection
VÄXJÖ, SWEDEN – Leading golf apparel brand Galvin Green has built on its award-winning ‘GameDay’ Part One range with the introduction of a 2021 Part Two collection inspired by the uncompromising precision of computer-generated technologies, matched with long-lasting garments that offer exceptional performance in all weather conditions.
Designed for golfers by golfers, the collection includes a host of new products for men, women and juniors – including an array of INSULA™ sweaters made 100% from recycled plastic bottles that recently won a prestigious global Sports Technology Award for Sustainability.
Adopting a scientific approach to the latest styling, Galvin Green designers magnified pixels in complex technical patterns to produce complete creations that merge precise elements into pure performance. They also took the opportunity to create a new Golf Green color tone that features throughout the collection, highlighting the brand’s exclusive focus on golf and its commitment to a ‘Greener’ future.
Combining the most advanced fabrics available from around the world with the Science of Excellence, each garment offers comfort and style both on and off the course. Around 70% of the collection is now produced using environmental Bluesign® approved fabric or certified by OEKO-TEX® 100 to cover thread and buttons as well as fabric. Labels and packaging also come in eco-friendly formats.
New to the wide range of men’s GORE-TEX waterproofs is the ABE jacket. Constructed from Bluesign® approved fabric, the jacket is 100% waterproof and windproof, while remaining extremely breathable. Available in three sleek colorways including Sharkskin, the jacket features a lightweight mesh lining and repositioned side seams for optimum comfort. In the popular GORE-TEX Paclite™ style, the lightweight APOLLO full-zip jacket now comes in Golf Green among seven color choices.
Galvin Green 2021 Part Two collection – 2
In the men’s versatile INTERFACE-1™ range, the fully windproof hybrid LUCAS jacket with a water repellent finish now comes in five color options, including Golf Green.
An addition to the INSULA™ sweater eco-generation range, the DAMIAN offers additional padding on the shoulders and back for extra warmth made from 100% recyclable polyester from Thermore®. The sweater is extremely breathable, while maintaining a warming effect #3 – the highest level of warmth in the category. It comes in both Navy and Black options.
Headlining the vibrant VENTIL8™PLUS shirt range, the MAC, MADDOX and MARSHALL styles showcase the inspiration behind the range, with innovative pixel designs in bright and bold colors. The shirts provide UV 20+ protection and come in a Quickdry stretch fabric for improved comfort. Other new styles are the MARCO and MORTON.
A new ETHAN vest with a pixel print has been added to the SKINTIGHT™ thermal base layer range.
New to the women’s GORE-TEX range, the ANYA lined jacket is made from Bluesign® approved fabric. The extremely lightweight and windproof jacket is treated with environmentally friendly PFC (EC) Free water repellency and 100% waterproof. It features two front pockets, one inside chest pocket, plus a two-way zipper and adjustable cuffs for greater comfort. Available in Grey and Navy color options.
An expanded INTERFACE-1™ range of windproof and water-repellent jackets and bodywarmers includes a super-soft, extremely breathable LESLIE jacket, with shaped sleeves for easy movement and a level #2 warming effect. The jacket comes in a standout White/Silver color combination.
The attractive DOLLY sweater joins the INSULA™ range, offering style and comfort in equal measure, thanks to the super-soft and stretchy quick dry fabric that allows complete freedom of movement, while remaining both warm and breathable.
Additions to the VENTIL8™PLUS shirt range include the stylish MAIA that offers golfers UV 20+ protection and comes in Blue Bell/White and Navy/White. The new PETRA shorts round out the collection, providing female golfers with an alternative to the popular skirt, skort and trouser ranges.
The comprehensive selection of accessories includes more caps, belts and unisex visors, plus the ever-popular functional rain hats and snoods.
An expanded junior collection features the new REINE windproof jacket and a trendy INTERFACE-1™ hoodie ROBBIE.
Visit Galvin Green HERE
FootJoy X Harris Tweed Hebrides Collaboration
FAIRHAVEN, MA – Celebrating two weeks of links golf in the United Kingdom, FootJoy and Harris Tweed Hebrides have partnered to create a truly unique version of the popular FJ Premiere Series golf shoes called the Black Watch Packard.
The Black Watch cloth, from the Harris Tweed Hebrides Heritage Collection, has been chosen to feature on this limited edition Premiere Series Packard shoe. Governed by The Harris Tweed Act, the fabric must be handwoven in the homes of residents of the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, to be able to use the Harris Tweed name and logo. This maintains the integrity and distinctive character of the fabric which is recognized globally for its quality. Unusually, the wool is dyed before being spun, allowing a multitude of colors to be blended into the yarn, creating a cloth of great depth and complexity. Harris Tweed cloth has been produced on the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra for generations using truly traditional methods.
Each year Harris Tweed cloth is exported to over 50 countries worldwide – with every meter handwoven on the islands and then inspected by the Harris Tweed Authority before being stamped, by hand, with the Orb Mark.
Harris Tweed Hebrides chairman, Brian Wilson, who joined FootJoy on their Hebridean journey, said: “Harris Tweed and golf are natural partners with a shared provenance that goes back to the earliest days of the game. It has been a pleasure to work with FootJoy since we represent the same standards of excellence in quality and design. The Black Watch Packard is worthy of the world’s finest players and courses.”
The limited edition Premiere Series Black Watch Packard is available now on footjoy.com, while supplies last.
Visit FootJoy HERE