Titleist Introduces New U-Series Utility Irons
FAIRHAVEN, MA – The new Titleist U-Series utility irons offer two unique models – U•500 and U•510 – designed to expand a player’s shot options at the top end of the bag. Called “utility irons” for a reason, the new U•500 and U•510 models produce more distance than a standard iron and less spin than a hybrid – delivering that one shot a golfer needs precisely when it’s needed.
Available for fittings beginning Aug. 8 (and in golf shops Aug. 30), Titleist U-Series utilities combine forged L-face technology with extreme amounts of high-density tungsten to deliver higher launch and faster ball speeds for game-changing long iron performance:
- The U•500 is the player’s utility iron designed for superior shot making. The extremely versatile, low loft utility features a compact shape that delivers high launch with a soft landing and precise distance control.
- The U•510 provides hybrid-like performance in a forgiving, muscular iron shape. The high-launching, easier-playing utility offers a larger, wide-sole design for consistent shot-after-shot performance. U•510 creates such a powerful combination of distance, launch and forgiveness that Titleist engineers were able to create a 16-degree 1-iron that is very playable from both the tee and turf.
Already the most played utility irons on the PGA Tour – and in the bags of Adam Scott, Jordan Spieth and Jimmy Walker – the new U-Series will be prominently on display this week at the Open Championship, where U•500 and U•510 will be the #1 utilities in play at Royal Portrush. Bernd Wiesberger, winner of last week’s Scottish Open, played a U•500 3-iron.
Free Trial & Fittings
Beginning Aug. 8, golfers can experience the launch and speed of U-Series utilities by attending a Titleist Fitting and Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays) being held at hundreds of locations nationwide.
U•500 Technology & Performance
The U•500 is a highly technical utility iron with a compact shape that delivers versatility, speed and precision distance.
U•510 Technology & Performance
The U•510 is a muscular, wide-soled utility iron that provides hybrid-like performance with incredible forgiveness.
Stock Graphite Shaft
The stock setups for U-Series U•500 and U•510 models feature a graphite HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 (mid-low launch, low spin) shaft at +0.25”. Graphite shafts in utility irons continue to grow in popularity on the PGA Tour as they allow for more speed and launch, enhancing the performance of the utility.
Visit Titleist Golf here:
PUMA Brings the X Factor with Sophisticated X Collection
CARLSBAD, CA – PUMA Golf, a leader in on-trend golf design and style, introduced its new X Collection, a head-to-toe assortment of apparel, accessories and footwear that demonstrate a new level of sophisticated styling with the same great performance and comfort that has become synonymous with the PUMA brand. Rickie Fowler, known for his on-course style, will debut the collection on Thursday at the 148th Open Championship at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland.
Inspired in part by the celebration of Rickie’s 10-year, trend-setting partnership with PUMA, the X Collection celebrates his unique ability to bring the X-factor, while highlighting the maturation and elevation of his style over the past decade. The X Collection fuses progressive design with classic style, deriving inspiration from traditional fabrics and patterns of the British Isles, incorporating houndstooth detailing and a navy, green and white color palette that pays homage to the region where golf was born. The X Collection blends luxury menswear with style elements from PUMA’s rich history delivering an authentic nod to the past, while still delivering modern day performance benefits.
The X Collection is priced as follows, and all items will be available starting today, at pumagolf.com and select retailers:
- Causeway Jacket – The Causeway Jacket honors the styling of classic British outerwear with an antiqued zipper, stylish button closure, hand pockets and a traditional houndstooth pattern. Both wind and water resistant, The Causeway is a great choice for any weather conditions. Available in a Peacoat colorway.
- Antrim Pant – The Antrim pant is a premium trouser with a refined fit, designed with a polyester-wool blend fabric and subtle houndstooth pattern and premium interior details. The waistband features a hook and bar closure inspired by elevated menswear. Perfect for wear on the course, at the pub or in the conference room. Available in a Peacoat colorway.
- Donegal Polo – Designed with premium, technical fabric, the polo is designed with a longer four-button placket and front chest pocket that features a discoverable houndstooth accent pattern on the inside, that matches the interior of the neck. The Donegal is available in Bright White, Irish Green and Peacoat colorways.
- Skerries Polo – Showcasing a classy deconstructed houndstooth pattern throughout the body of the shirt, the Skerries utilizes a premium, moisture-wicking, technical fabric with a rib knit collar for a sharp, athletic look. The Skerries Polo is available in Bright White, Irish Green and Peacoat hues.
- Dunluce ¼ Zip Pullover – The Dunluce ¼ Zip, which gets its name from the course on which the 148th Open Championship will be contested, features a premium Pima Cotton Cashmere blend fabric for the ultimate in soft, luxurious feel. The Dunluce also has elevated finishes such as an antiqued zipper, a contrast green tipping on the collar and ribbed cuffs to provide an elegant, stylish look that works on or off the course. The Dunluce ¼ Zip comes in either a Peacoast-Irish Green or Quiet Shade-Irish Green colorway.
- P 110 X Cap – An elevated spin on the P Cap golfers know and love, the P 110 X features a raised leather P logo to complement the moisture-wicking sweatband and slight curve brim. Available in both Peacoat and Quite Shade bodies each with a Brown leather P detailing.
- IGNITE PROADAPT X Shoes – Featuring the same comfort and performance-driven construction Rickie Fowler has trusted since the model’s debut earlier this year, the IGNITE PROADAPT X shoes come in a classy Peacoat body with Irish Green and Bright White accents that complete the head-to-toe X Collection look.
Visit PUMA Golf here:
Royal Albartross Guarantees Making A Great Impression
LONDON, ENGLAND – Want to make an impression? Bespoke British fashion company Royal Albartross is unveiling its embossing services with a limited-time promotion.
Buy any pair of shoes online between July 15-25 and receive a complimentary, custom-embossed, genuine calf leather card holder–The Wanderer—with signature Royal Albartross tape trim. Up to four initials may be blind embossed or foil embossed in gold or silver on black, brown or navy leather.
The final offering in the 2019 limited edition styles—Men’s Croco in cobalt (navy)—coincides beautifully with this week’s final major of the golf season. To celebrate The Open Championship, Royal Albartross is releasing this new Croco, perfect for any occasion when style is as important as utility. This handsome golf sneaker appeals equally to serious golfers or lovers of luxury. Versatile by design, and premium in finish, this sneaker is the best way to turn heads, both on and off the tee. These shoes add a bit of “Champion Golfer of the Year” swagger to every step. The shoes are now available for pre-order.
Royal Albartross challenges the notion of how a golf shoe can fit – and look. Its ground-breaking designs boldly prove that golf footwear can perform exceptionally on the course while complementing wardrobes and lifestyles off the course. Designed in London and hand-made in Europe, its footwear collections for men and women deliver on-course traction, all-day comfort, and fashion-focused aesthetics.
What truly distinguishes Royal Albartross from other golf shoe manufacturers is its attention to detail and commitment to top-quality materials sourced from all over the world. Each pair of Royal Albartross shoes features Italian leather, high-shine components, and VIBRAM soles. It takes eight weeks and more than 250 tasks to make a single pair of Royal Albartross golf shoes, with master artisans crafting each aspect by hand.
Visir Royal Albatross here: