Tour Edge Announces the Launch of Wingman® 700 Series Putters Featuring Three New MOI-based Designs
BATAVIA, IL – Today, Tour Edge is announcing the launch of their new Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters featuring three new modern mini-mallet designs and six total hosel options.
The brand-new shapes offer cascading MOI (Moment of Inertia) properties matching the size of the Wingman putter head, providing maximum stability and optimal roll for every player type.
The three innovative designs provide optimized alignment optics on the wildly effective Lock-On technology alignment system, improved acoustics, and a softer feel.
Interchangeable sole weights on the heel and toe are featured in every model.
Models 701 and 702 – SUPER MAX MOI
The 701 (Mid Toe-Hang) and 702 (Face Balance) models produce extreme MOI. in a modern mallet design that forces the face square to the swing path for a truer roll due to the extreme perimeter weighted wings featured on the Wingman 701 and 702 designs.
This larger footprint provides an extremely high resistance to twisting with one of the highest MOI ratings of any putter available on the market.
Models 703 and 704 – MAX MOI
The 703 (Mid Toe-Hang) and 704 (Face Balance) models remove the perimeter wings featured on the Super Max MOI models and move the interchangeable weights more face forward. This provides a gradual step down in MOI for those wanting a more compact, smaller footprint while still providing massive MOI properties.
With the weights directly behind the face, this design creates more face control.
MODELS 705 and 706 – HIGH MOI/MINI-MALLET
The 705 (Mid Toe-Hang) and 706 (Center Shaft) provides the playability of a blade putter with the stability of a mallet. The Wings on the 705 and 706 have been shortened, as has the Lock-On Alignment, providing perfect balance of player shaping, alignment and compact footprint.
The interchangeable weights are also more face forward to add even more directional control and accuracy.
All three shapes share these same technology features:
- Lock-On Alignment Technology is a one-of-a-kind contrast alignment technology that allows you to discern with your eye at address if the lie angle of the putter is matched correctly to the target. The 20% larger alignment line surface area in the 700 Series frames the ball better at address to effectively lock more putts.
- A Hollow Carbon Sole Plate with a larger surface area in the new Wingman redistributes weight to the sides and back of the clubhead to help boost MOI. With more carbon utilized in these designs, 34% of the stainless steel has been removed to create even more perimeter weighting and stability.
- Interchangeable Weights on the sole of all three designs offer the option of adding or subtracting more overall weight to the heel and toe of the clubhead to obtain preferred feel. Weights come in 3, 8 and 15 grams, with the 3-gram weight being the standard option.
The 8-gram and 15-gram weights will be available individually and a separate weight kit will include two 8-gram weights and two 15-gram weights to give golfers the option of adding or subtracting more overall weight to the heel and toe of the clubhead. More weight in the heel will assist those who lag and leave the toe open in their stroke. Golfers with a tendency to pull their putts will benefit from more weight on the toe.
- MicroGroove Face Technology features a softer durometer thermoplastic TPU insert face for a greatly improved feel. The putter face on each of the Wingman 700 Series putters features MicroGroove technology that provides a soft, yet pure feel upon contact. The horizontal precision-molded grooves improve forward roll earlier in the putt and reduces skidding off the face to create a better roll
- A new Jumbo Sink Fit Pistol grip from Lamkin features a distinctive contoured shape and exclusive Fingerprint Technology. The Sink Fit Pistol encourages lighter grip pressure and a smoother putting stroke.
- Wingman 701, 703, 705 – The Mid-Toe Hang hosel (30 °) is ideal for a putting stroke with a slight arc, where the closing angle on the forward stroke is moderate and compensates against the tendency to pull a putt left. The slight arc is the putting stroke that the majority of golfers have shown to produce and the kind of motion that usually matches best with blade putters. In addition to the Toe Hang providing the ability to use the same stroke as a blade, it also offers the off-center-hit forgiveness of an oversized mallet due to its extreme MOI properties.
- Wingman 702, 704 – The Double Bend Face-Balanced hosel is designed for a pendulum straight back, straight through putting stroke due to the face of the putter rotating less during the putting stroke. This true square back to square through stroke creates a consistent blocking motion in the stroke, making it harder to putt off-line, even on mishits away from the center of the face.
- Wingman 706 – This lone Center-Shafted hosel provides an alignment-oriented Face-Balanced putter suited for players who keeps their eyes directly above the ball and takes the club straight back and swings straight through the ball. With equal amounts of weight in the heel and toe, this type of club suits a player who keeps his eyes directly above the ball and takes the club straight back and swings straight through the ball.
The stock shaft of the Wingman 700 series is the KBS CT Tour putter shaft. This stepless steel-putter has a stiffer structure throughout the shaft and specifically in the tip to provide more stability. The firmer profile makes the putter feel easier to control and provides better head awareness. All models will be available in 33”, 34” and 35” in RH only.
Visit Tour Edge Golf HERE
PING Extends Agreement with Viktor Hovland
PHOENIX, AZ – PGA Tour star Viktor Hovland, one of the game’s brightest young talents with six wins on global tours to his credit, has renewed his multi-year equipment contract with PING, President John K. Solheim announced today.
Hovland, 24, has three PGA Tour titles (plus one unofficial win, the Hero World Challenge), and two victories on the DP World Tour. He won in back-to-back appearances last fall, then won at Dubai in January to give him three victories in five starts. He’s currently 8th in the Official World Golf Ranking. He’s the first Norwegian to win on the PGA and DP World tours, the first to compete in the Ryder Cup, to win the U.S. Amateur, and to play at the Masters.
A native of Oslo, Hovland shares a special connection to PING Founder Karsten Solheim, who was born in Bergen, Norway. The country’s national flag has a place on Hovland’s PING Tour Staff bag.
As part of the multi-year agreement, Hovland will play PING clubs, carry a PING staff bag and wear PING-branded headwear (front of hat).
Visit PING Golf HERE
A Special ZG21 for Champion Golfer of the Year Collin Morikawa
CARLSBAD, CA – Last year, Collin Morikawa played golf’s oldest major championship for the first time in his career. 72 holes later, he was the Champion Golfer of the Year.
As Collin begins his title defense this week, we wanted to celebrate his win in a unique way. So, we teamed up with him to design a special player edition of our ZG21 footwear that he will be wearing this week, specially designed to commemorate his historic win.
He’s known for hitting a fade on the golf course, but fashion and style are a focus for him whether he’s headed to the first tee or going out on the town. With that in mind, we worked with Collin to marry his love for performance and style. Specifically, this special player edition of our ZG21 footwear was designed to draft off his apparel that he will be wearing this week at the Old Course.
“The team at adidas mentioned that they were thinking about making a special shoe for me after my win last year,” said Morikawa. “As soon as I heard that, I immediately wanted to work with them on it. The end result amazingly combines the best in style and performance .”
This special ZG21 footwear takes design cues from our Go-To Camo Print Polo and features subtle pops of our shadow and linen greens – symbolic of the iconic links courses found in the rota of golf’s oldest major championship – across the heel, our ULTRA-LIGHT STABILITY FIN, and the SWINGPLANE TRACTION zone on the outsole. What makes these unique to Collin are five tees printed on the sockliner in the right shoe, representative of the five tees that Collin always carries in his right pocket as he heads to the first tee of any tournament he plays. Our ZG21 footwear was introduced at the beginning of last year and gives golfers of all skill levels a high-performance spiked shoe that’s lightweight with zero compromises.
Visit adidas Golf HERE
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – March 14, 2023 - March 14, 2023
- Golf News – March 10, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Golf News – March 3, 2023 - March 3, 2023