Nippon Shaft Player Wins in Abu Dhabi
CARLSBAD, CA – A 29-year-old Englishman used Nippon Shaft N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 120 X-flex shafts in his irons, wedge and driving iron Sunday (Jan. 24) to secure victory at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship Open.
The champion shot 18-under par for the tournament, including rounds of 65-68-71-66 for a 270 total, at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, UAE. His final round included seven birdies and an eagle, giving him a 4-shot edge over his closest competitor.
“Nippon Shaft is happy and proud to congratulate to the winner of this year’s Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship Open,” said Hiro Fukuda, sales and marketing for Nippon Shaft. “He has become a world-class player and we are proud he has chosen Nippon Shaft products to help him pursue his career dreams.”
More than 200 players on the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, European Tour and Korn Ferry Tour use Nippon Shaft’s MODUS³ series steel shafts to help gain their desired distance, accuracy and trajectory.
Nippon Shaft products are available globally either as stock or custom shafts in many of the world’s top iron brands.
Visit Nippon Shaft HERE
XXIO Unveils the All-New XXIO Prime: Luxury Is Light
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Jan. 25, 2021 — XXIO®, a global leader in premium lightweight golf equipment, introduces the all-new XXIO Prime, the ultimate symbol of excellence and performance. The new XXIO Prime officially launches in North America on February 12, 2021.
Experience the difference of ultra-lightweight woods and irons with the all-new XXIO Prime. Easy to swing shafts and revolutionary counterbalanced construction elevate performance for moderate swing speed players. Enjoy improved distance, increased accuracy, and less strain with our most powerful XXIO Prime yet.
- Rebound Frame: Featured on the new Prime Driver, Rebound Frame is an alternating pattern of stiff and flexible zones that focuses more of your impact energy into the golf ball. It increases ball speed and distance on every drive, especially center-face impacts.
- Weight Plus: Weight Plus is a counterbalancing technology that places weights in the end of each shaft, located behind your hands as you grip the club. That grip weight helps push the club head up through your backswing for a more consistent top of swing position. And as you begin the downswing, the weight brings your hands into position, keeping your arms closer to your body for a squarer face at impact.
- Super-TIX PLUS Titanium Face: Each XXIO Prime Driver, Fairway Wood, and Iron face is made from Super-TIX PLUS Titanium, an incredibly strong yet lightweight alloy that adds speed to all your shots.
- Lightweight Construction: The new XXIO Prime SP-1100 Shaft, with TORAYCA T1100G carbon fiber and NANOALLOY resin, is extremely lightweight to help produce more swing speed and distance with its smooth, easy-to-swing profile. The softer tip section also makes it easier to close the club face and strike the ball pure.
In addition to the new XXIO Prime announcement, XXIO is proud is introduce XXIO Prime Royal Edition. XXIO Prime Royal Edition is an unprecedented achievement of quality, luxury, and performance, all carefully curated for female golfers. The stunning design and unmatched attention to detail provide speed, distance, and an incredibly easy swing feel.
Visit XXIO Golf HERE
COBRA Introduces RF Proto Irons
CARLSBAD, CA – The RF Proto Irons are the result of a year-long design collaboration with longtime COBRA ambassador, Rickie Fowler. They are a replica of the head design Fowler plays (he had in the bag at AmEx this past week), giving golfers the opportunity to experience what it feels like to play the same tour-caliber irons trusted by one of game’s most popular players.
The design process involved COBRA engineers and Director of Tour Operations, Ben Schomin, working with Fowler every step of the way, applying his design direction, turf-interaction feedback and aesthetic preferences to the overall design, which underwent 32 iterations before arriving at the final version, hence the Rev33 stamp. The entire set is designed around a 7-iron appearance, Fowler’s favorite iron shape. Atypical of most iron sets, which feature progressively rounded edges as you transition from the long irons to short irons, each RF Proto iron (4-PW) is designed with distinct sharp edges on the toe and topline area to suit Fowler’s eyes. They also deliver zero visible offset by ensuring that the hosel was developed with no taper. Perhaps the most striking feature of these irons is their distinctive, head-turning copper finish that was hand selected by Fowler after considering dozens of finishes. Each iron is forged two times from a soft 1025 carbon steel and is then machined using a 100% CNC milling process. The entire milling process takes a total of 155 minutes per iron and produces the most precise shape and specs without any inconsistencies.
Visit COBRA Golf HERE
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – June 7, 2023 - June 7, 2023
- Golf News – June 2, 2023 - June 2, 2023
- Golf News – May 30, 2023 - May 30, 2023