Titleist Introduces New Vokey Design SM8 Wedges – One Giant Shift Forward in Wedge Performance
FAIRHAVEN, MA – Master Craftsman Bob Vokey’s relentless mission to design and craft better performing, better feeling wedges has reached a new height of innovation with the introduction of his Vokey Design SM8 models, the most accurate and forgiving Vokey wedges yet.
The groundbreaking Progressive Center of Gravity (CG) design concept that originated with Vokey Design SM6, and was refined with SM7, has experienced one giant shift forward in the new SM8. By moving the CG forward, to a position that actually hovers in front of the wedge face, Vokey and his R&D team have produced a wedge that wants to square every time. The result is improved distance and trajectory control, better feel and increased stability for more consistent results.
These advancements – enhanced by Bob’s six tour-proven sole grinds for precision fitting, and 100% inspected Spin Milled grooves for maximum spin – have already made Vokey SM8 the most played wedge model on the PGA Tour, continuing Vokey’s historic run as the #1 wedge on tour since 2004 and counting.
In golf shops beginning March 6, Vokey SM8 wedges are available in four finishes – Tour Chrome, Brushed Steel and Jet Black, plus the tour-preferred Raw finish (custom order only).
SM8 Performance And Technology
Great wedge play comes from distance control, shot versatility and spin. Bob Vokey and team have designed SM8 to improve performance in all three areas through the following key innovations:
- Reimagined Progressive CG: Vokey’s Progressive CG design philosophy aligns the center of gravity with the impact position – lower in the low lofts, higher in the high lofts – for better trajectory and distance control. SM8 takes the next innovative leap, pushing the CG forward while maintaining the vertical CG position to create a more consistent, better-feeling strike. To achieve this, Voke’s team lengthened the hosels and counterbalanced that weight with high-density tungsten low in the toe. This high, forward CG position boosts MOI (up to a +7% increase in the higher lofts) producing a more solid feel, improved ball flight and a club face that simply wants to square up at impact for more consistent results.
- Refined Sole Grind Options: Developed through decades of work with the best shot makers in the game, Vokey’s six Tour-proven sole grinds – F, S, M, K, L and D – allow golfers of all skill levels to be precisely fit for their swing type (steep, neutral, shallow), shot making style and course conditions (firm, neutral, soft). SM8 continues to feature the most complete lineup of grind, bounce and loft options, allowing for more creativity and consistency, and giving players of any level the ability to create multiple shots around the green.
100% Inspected Spin Milled Grooves: SM8’s patented Spin Milled grooves are meticulously engineered and cut to the edge to maximize spin and shot control. The Vokey R&D team continues to improve upon its industry-leading groove cutting tolerances, with each groove on every head individually cut and 100% inspected for conformity to the rules of golf. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between grooves, which maximize spin on partial shots. A proprietary heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove without impacting feel – making it the most durable groove in golf.
Visit Vokey Wedges here:
adidas Golf Changes The Game With New CODECHAOS Footwear
CARLSBAD, CA – adidas is continuing to redefine the golf dress code, this time starting from the ground up. Today, adidas is pushing the boundaries in golf footwear once again by introducing a new line – CODECHAOS – meant to challenge the definition of what a golf shoe can be. Built with the modern golfer in mind, the new footwear, offered in both men’s and women’s styles, will be available worldwide on Jan. 31, 2020.
CODECHAOS is the latest product from adidas Golf that breaks down traditional stereotypes and the idea that there’s only one look for the sport. It taps into the mindset of those who prefer to set themselves apart, be different and create their own way around the course. It’s a declaration and invitation to golfers of all skill levels that traditions can be reset.
The aesthetic of CODECHAOS is progressive and deliberate, meant to blur the lines by giving a connected look with the ground. The footwear features a new highly technical spikeless outsole that blends a soft, yet durable, rubber outsole with a first-of-its-kind TPU insert. This proprietary traction system – Twistgrip – was developed by evaluating heat maps in swing studies, specifically focused on the way golfers distribute and shift their weight throughout the swing. adidas was able to determine exactly where traction was needed most and what lug shapes would provide the best grip, regardless of conditions. Based on this machine test using grip-predictive analytics, coupled with testing in real-life scenarios, adidas landed on this unique grip configuration to provide maximum traction.
The upper construction of CODECHAOS is also a first for adidas Golf. The new upper is made of multi-layer mesh, giving the shoe a unique texture while enhancing durability and breathability, but also keeping it extremely lightweight. adidas encased these layers in film to provide waterproof protection to keep players dry no matter the conditions.
Golfers of all skill levels will still appreciate the full-length BOOST cushioning that gives players all-around comfort and energy return no matter how long they are on the course. The Torsion X stability bar will also ensure that all players are given tour-level support for every swing.
In addition to featuring vibrant colorways that offer players some added confidence as they make their way to the first tee or practice range, the new line also features a high-top model with Boa technology to give golfers yet another disruptive alternative. CODECHAOS Boa offers a clean look, is waterproof, features a hydrophobic stretch-knit collar, and a lightweight slip-on construction for a game-changing combination. The L6 Boa ® Fit System provides players with a customized and locked-in feel, while also making it an easy on-and-off option.
The CODECHAOS lineup will also include the CODECHAOS Sport model in men’s sizing. Built on a rubber spikeless outsole, this silhouette provides players with an even lighter construction for enhanced versatility. Golfers will have another strong option while still receiving a waterproof shoe that includes a mixture of both BOOST and Bounce cushioning to keep them comfortable with every step.
Visit adidas Golf here:
Callaway Golf Introduces Next Generation Of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls
CARLSBAD, CA – Callaway Golf officially announces the next generation of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls, which are designed to elevate Tour ball performance to the next level. Both have been fully re-designed to promote more speed and distance while maintaining the great feel and spin characteristics Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are renowned for.
What’s New About Chrome Soft?
- Redesigned Dual SoftFast core with a 34% larger volume inner core and a thinner, graphene-infused outer core promotes fast ball speed and increased wedge spin.
- New mantle system formulated of proprietary, high-energy ionomer to promote fast ball speed.
- 10% thinner urethane cover promotes less spin on full shots to promote distance while maintaining soft feel and excellent greenside spin and control.
- New lower drag aerodynamic dimple pattern promotes higher launch, higher flight and long distance.
What’s New About Chrome Soft X?
- Significantly larger SoftFast core promotes faster ball speed.
- 15% thinner cover lowers spin on full shots to promote distance.
- New mantle system combines a softer inner mantle with a firmer outer mantle, both consisting of proprietary ionomer blends, to promote faster ball speed.
- Firm outer mantle works with the new, thinner cover to promote increased greenside spin and control.
- New lower drag aerodynamic dimple pattern promotes a penetrating flight and longer distance.
The new generation of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are prime examples of the rewards Callaway is reaping from its continued commitment to improving its world-class golf ball manufacturing plant in Chicopee, MA. Callaway has invested upwards of $50 million over the past several years to revitalize the facility by incorporating modern machinery and materials to provide best-in-class innovation and performance in every golf ball category.
Visit Callaway Golf here: