Cleveland Golf Releases All-New CBX Full-Face 2 With Largest CBX Face Ever
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – CLEVELAND GOLF®, an industry leader in wedge design and innovation, announces the release of the all-new CBX Full-Face 2 Wedge. The CBX Full-Face 2 is scheduled to launch in North America Feb. 3, 2023.
The CBX Full-Face 2 is designed to be more forgiving with a larger face, along with added HydraZip, ZipCore, and UltiZip technologies. It is a Wedge built for golfers looking for the right balance of forgiveness and versatility to unleash their greenside creativity.
“Our new CBX Full-Face 2 Wedge allows golfers the freedom to get creative around the greens and in tight yardages, with the perfect amount of spin control,” said Dustin Brekke, Director of Engineering at Cleveland Golf. “With the biggest face ever on a CBX wedge, you’ll be able to strike the ball anywhere on the face with more forgiveness, while enjoying controlled stopping power in any conditions.”
With a high-toe profile, CBX Full-Face 2 has a 13% more contact area than our RTX Full-Face Wedges, helping players feel more confident when presented with open-face shot opportunities. Joining this new generation of CBX wedges is ZipCore, a unique, low-density core designed to expand the sweet spot and upgrade MOI for ultimate forgiveness. Combined with a hollow-cavity design, ZipCore helps push the Center of Gravity (CG) directly behind the impact zone, while Cleveland Golf’s Gelback vibration-absorbing insert improves feel.
The striking areas on the CBX Full-Face 2 are integrated with new HydraZip technology, which uses dynamic face blasts and laser lines that maximize friction for improved spin consistency in dry and wet conditions.
Cutting through debris more consistently requires a specialized sequence of grooves. That’s where UltiZip technology comes in. New to the CBX Full-Face 2 line, UltiZip grooves are sharper, deeper, and tightly spaced for enhanced spin, control, and consistency.
This generation of the CBX Full-Face Wedges also feature reshaped sole grinds. The Full Sole design offers more bounce on lower lofts for stable, full swing shots. The C-Shaped Sole on higher lofts provide added bounce in the center, along with relief around the heel, designed to optimize the balance between forgiveness and greenside versatility. All sole grinds feature a new bounce chamfer that helps the wedge get in and out of the turf from a variety of attack angles and help prevent chunked chip shots.
The CBX Full-Face 2 Wedge offers premium high-spin shaft options, including the True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Spinner Tour Issue and the Project X Catalyst 80 Spinner. The Lamkin Crossline 360 grip comes standard on all CBX Full-Face 2 Wedges.
Golfers will also have the option to personalize the CBX Full-Face 2 with 20 paintfill pigment options across three color groups.
Key Innovations Inside the CBX Full-Face 2
- HydraZip: A new, dynamic face blast and laser-milled line pattern, designed to friction for improved spin consistency in wet or dry conditions.
- ZipCore: Set in the heart of the Wedge, ZipCore is a lightweight, low-density core technology that reduces vibrations, optimizes CG location, and boosts MOI for increased feel, control, consistency, and forgiveness.
- UltiZip: Sharp, deep, tightly spaced grooves help maximize spin performance and cut through debris at impact. These grooves help deliver more consistent spin, control, and consistency.
- Larger Full-Face Profile: The larger face helps players hit more open-face shots thanks to the largest face ever on a CBX Wedge. More face equals more grooves, offering hosel-to-toe forgiveness and versatility
- Forgiving Sole Designs: A new Full Sole design on the 50-52 degree lofts helps enhance performance on full-swing shots, while the C-Shape Sole featured on 54-60 degree lofts adds bounce in the center. All lofts feature a new bounce chamfer near the leading edge, designed to reduce chunking around the green.
Visit Cleveland Golf HERE
TaylorMade Golf Expands Contract of LPGA Tour Star Brooke Henderson to Include Full Bag, Headwear and Staff Bag
CARLSBAD, CA – TaylorMade Golf announces the expansion of its partnership with LPGA Tour professional and current No. 7 ranked player in the world Brooke Henderson. After signing an exclusive golf ball and glove deal in early 2022, Henderson has now agreed to a new multi-year contract and will have a full bag of TaylorMade equipment. She will also use the brand’s staff bag and sport the TaylorMade logo on her headwear.
Henderson’s TaylorMade equipment includes the all-new Stealth 2 Plus driver that is engineered for increased forgiveness while maintaining the ultra-fast ball speeds associated with Carbonwood™ drivers. Henderson’s expected WITB at the Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions is:
- Stealth 2 Plus 9.0° Driver
- Stealth 2 Plus 15.0° 3-wood
- Stealth 2 Plus 19.0° 5-wood
- Stealth 2 22.0° Rescue
- P·790 5-PW
- Milled Grind 3 50° SB, 54° SB and 60° SB wedges
- Spider GT Center Shaft Putter
- TP5x Golf Ball
Henderson acknowledges that her previous switch to TP5x helped with the process of switching to a full bag. Over the last year of playing TP5x, she’s recorded two victories, including a major championship, and 10 top-10 finishes.
Need to Know: Brooke Henderson
- 12 career wins, including two major championships (2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, 2022 Amundi Evian Championship)
- Henderson also won the ShopRite LPGA Classic and recorded 10 Top 10 finishes in 2022
- Currently Henderson is ranked No. 7 in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings
- Represented Canada in the Olympic Games in 2016 at Rio and in 2020 in Tokyo
- At 18 years 9 months, Henderson became the second youngest player in LPGA history to win a major championship at the 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship
Visit TaylorMade Golf HERE