Fujikura Reimagines a Tour Legend – Motore X
Enso® Enhanced Speed and Stability – The Result of 10 Years of R&D
CARLSBAD, CA – Fujikura, the leader in performance golf shafts, is proud to launch its newest in a long line of research-driven golf shafts, the all-new Motore X. Ten years after the introduction of the original Motore F1 and F3, the Motore X is the newest shaft to showcase the learnings from Fujikura’s proprietary enso® high-speed motion capture system used for research and development.
“Through enso we are learning more about the relationship between the shaft and the golf swing. Having this type of insight sets us apart and allows us to design with more precision and more purpose than anyone in the industry. In the case of Motore X, we set out to increase ball speeds while maintaining stability and control. Utilizing enso, we discovered the significant levers in a design that help to increase clubhead speed and designed Motore X with a reinforced bias core, accelerated taper and torsionally stiffened handle section.” – Alex Dee, VP of R&D.
Motore X was designed focusing on two key performance metrics – faster ball speeds and stability at the moment of impact. Motore X features a reinforced bias core with a torsionally stiffened handle section that promotes faster ball speeds crafted with thin layers of full-length bias plies that create a balanced torsional strength for stability. The result is a core paired with an accelerated taper that transfers more energy, boosting ball speeds for more distance while maintaining stability for tighter shot control.
Motore X is available in two models – F1 and F3 (launch profiles) – providing club fitters the ability to fine tune the launch and spin for each golfer’s unique swing. The Motore X F3 is designed for smooth and moderate swing types with firm tip and mid sections to produce a mid-high trajectory for longer carry distances with mid spin. The F1 is designed for faster, more aggressive swing types and its stiffened tip and mid sections create a more penetrating, low-mid trajectory with low-mid spin.
Motore X is available in two launch profiles, F1 and F3, and a wide variety of weights in flexes ranging from 57 grams to 86 grams and R2 up to X flex.
Visit Fujikura Shafts here:
Titleist Introduces New T100•S Irons – The Player’s Forged Distance Irons
FAIRHAVEN, MA – The introduction of the all-new Titleist T100•S irons meets the need for a fully-forged player’s iron that plays stronger to produce greater distance.
Modeled after the tour-refined design of the new Titleist T100 models – which have quickly become the most played irons this season on the PGA Tour – the new T100•S irons are individually calibrated with 2-degree stronger lofts to give better players the distance they need to score lower, while preserving the feel and precision required for superior shot shaping.
Available for fittings March 12 (and in golf shops March 27), T100•S is a direct result of player feedback and the engineering ingenuity that has made Titleist the longstanding #1 iron on the PGA Tour. Joining T100, T200 and T300 in the strikingly new T-Series iron family, the T100•S introduces a new fully-forged Player’s Distance iron model unlike anything else in the category.
T100•S PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
T100•S irons are masterfully designed to deliver the same tour-level precision and signature forged feel as T100, in 2-degree stronger lofts for longer distance:
- Carefully calibrated T100 design with 2-degree stronger lofts enhances carry distance throughout the set.
- New fully-forged dual cavity construction provides precise distance and control
- Thinner, more responsive face increases ball speed across the face.
- Co-forged dual-density tungsten (with an average of 66 grams placed in the heel and toe of the mid and long irons) delivers exceptional stability.
- Tour-refined sole shape (same as T100) features a thin topline, minimal offset and enhanced camber for improved turf interaction.
- Progressive set design – with progressive blade lengths, sole widths and hosel lengths – delivers optimal CG positioning with preferred shaping through the set.
- Available irons: 3 (19º), 4 (22º), 5 (25º), 6 (28º), 7 (32º), 8 (36º), 9 (40º), P (44º), W48.
“While we’ve engineered T100•S for distance, this still a precision product,” said Marni Ines, Director, Titleist Irons Development, Golf Club R&D. “To be a great iron player you need to be in control of your distances and have the ability to work the ball when the shot calls for it. The design of T100•S simply allows players to hit their number from even farther away – with the tight dispersion and proper trajectory they need to hit it close.”
FREE TRIAL & FITTINGS
Beginning March 12, golfers can experience the performance of T100•S irons by attending a Titleist Fitting and Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays), being held at hundreds of locations nationwide. To find an event, or book a free T-Series iron fitting with a Titleist Product Specialist, golfers can visit https://www.titleist.com/fitting/appointments.
T100•S SHAFT OPTIONS
T100•S’s stock shaft – the True Temper Projext X LZ (Mid launch, low spin | 120g) – enhances ball speed and launch for maximum distance with the proper trajectory to stop shots closer to the hole. In addition, Titleist offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices, many at no upcharge.
Visit Titleist Golf here:
New Tour-Inspired Blade and Mid-Mallet Designs Provide Pure Performance, Solid Milled Feel
FAIRHAVEN, MA – The new Scotty Cameron Special Select putter line blends timeless designs with modern craftsmanship to deliver pure tour-validated performance in eight new blade and mid-mallet setups precision milled in the USA.
Available Jan. 24 in North American golf shops (and March 27 worldwide), Special Select putters are inspired by the classic, solid milled designs that Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron has crafted for tour players around the world – featuring sleeker putter head profiles with thinner and flatter toplines, refined neck configurations, soft tri-soles and performance balanced weighting.
Each Special Select putter has been completely reworked, including Scotty’s classic Newport, Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 blade styles. A refined Del Mar joins the new Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet models.
SPECIAL SELECT PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Special Select putters are meticulously crafted to provide pure performance and feel through the following key features:
- TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Sleeker putter head profiles with thinner, flatter toplines deliver confidence inspiring looks preferred by tour professionals.
- SOLID MILLED STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Every Special Select is milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
- SOFT TRI-SOLE DESIGN: Special Select blade models are milled with a tour-inspired soft tri-sole design. This self-soling feature promotes a proper setup at address while providing a stable, aesthetically pleasing view of the topline from the moment the putter is placed on the green.
- PERFORMANCE BALANCED WEIGHTING: New performance balanced weighting expands on the use of Scotty’s interchangeable, customizable sole weights to tune the performance and feel of putters at all lengths. By directing more weight to the heel and toe, the sweet spot is enlarged and stability is enhanced back and through the stroke without compromising feel or each model’s unique toe flow properties. The blades come equipped with new tungsten sole weights, which allow for ultra-sleek, tour-validated shapes with larger sweet spots. The mid-mallets employ stainless steel sole weights for optimal balance and weight distribution.
- REFINED NECK CONFIGURATIONS: Each Special Select putter neck style has been revamped based on an intense and deliberate study in neck configurations. Newport, Newport 2 and Squareback 2 feature a slightly shorter plumbing neck for medium toe flow, with a newly-defined socket radius subtly repositioned with onset to provide clearer visibility of the leading edge at address. The Newport 2.5 and Fastback 1.5 each have a refined, toe flow-promoting small slant neck, while the rounded Flowback 5.5 comes with a new slantback neck for similar strokes. The heel-shafted Del Mar’s flow neck is designed for maximum toe flow. The GOLO-inspired Flowback 5 limits toe flow with a more traditional mid-bend, shaft-over-spud setup.
SPECIAL SELECT MODELS
The Special Select line offers golfers the choice of three blade models and five mid-mallet options developed for every stroke style.
- Newport, Newport 2, Newport 2.5 models feature an insert-free, solid milled 303 stainless steel putter head with performance balanced tungsten sole weighting for a larger sweet spot and increased stability. Flatter and thinner toplines, milled flange sight lines, soft tri-soles and redesigned plumbing (Newport, Newport 2) and small slant (Newport 2.5) neck styles round out these timeless blade designs.
- A classic name returns with the new Special Select Del Mar in an updated heel-shafted, compact mallet model. Precision milled from solid 303 stainless steel, the new Del Mar features refined concave flange contours and a narrower, flatter topline for a player-preferred look at address, and customizable stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed Del Mar is also available.
- New Special Select Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet putters combine 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plates for optimal weight distribution with solid milled faces and interchangeable stainless steel sole weights. Each has a specific neck style – Fastback 1.5 (small slant), Squareback 2 (plumbing), Flowback (mid-bend shaft-over-spud) and Flowback 5.5 (slantback) – to facilitate better leading edge visibility from address, as well as desired toe flow properties.
Visit Scotty Cameron putters here: