New Exotics EXS 220 and 220h Hollow-Body Iron Sets Announced by Tour Edge
BATAVIA, IL – Tour Edge officially introduces two new state-of-the-art Exotics EXS 220 hollow-body iron sets, the EXS 220 and EXS 220h iron sets.
EXS 220 Iron – Split Hollow-Body Set/Undercut, Game Improvement, Platinum Chrome Finish
The EXS 220 iron set is a split set featuring both hollow body and deep undercut designs, making for an extremely advanced multi-material game improvement set in a Platinum Chrome finish that plays extremely long.
The hollow-body long irons of the EXS 220 set (4 through 7 irons) offer extreme power, while the deep undercut scoring irons (8 through Gap Wedge) offer precise accuracy with tight dispersion characteristics.
The hollow-body long irons feature a forged maraging steel 450 Cup Face, while the scoring irons are a solid 431-stainless-steel construction.
The EXS 220 irons feature a 19-gram Tungsten weight for extreme toe weighting and an expanded sweet spot.
The new Platinum Chrome finish is rich in looks as well as durable and water repellent in performance.
EXS 220h Iron – Pure Hollow-Body Set, Super Game Improvement, Brushed Black Satin Finish
The EXS 220h iron set is a completely hollow-body iron super game improvement set with a Brushed Black Satin finish made from 17-4 steel.
The ‘h’ in ‘220h’ designates a hybrid iron set designed to produce the distance and forgiveness of a metalwood combined with the feel and control of a forged iron set with progressive offsets that match from club to club.
Exotics EXS 220h irons feature an extremely high Moment of Inertia (M.O.I.) and a deeper C.G. (Center of Gravity) due to its shallower face, wider sole, offering amazing forgiveness due to the expanded perimeter weighting. The Cup Face design of the EXS 220h improves ball speed off the face at impact.
To see the chosen stock shafts for the EXS 220 irons, see the SpeedTested Shafts section below that will explain how the optimal shaft for every flex and swing speed has been selected for the EXS 220 line through extensive robotic testing.
The Exotics 220 line-up will now be included in Tour Edge’s unprecedented 48-hour custom delivery program for custom orders anywhere in the continental United States.
The new ultra-premium, max-performance iron sets will be featured at the 2020 PGA Merchandise Show and will be available for purchase worldwide on February 1, 2020.
Loaded with Tech Designed for Extraordinary Distance, Forgiveness and Feel
- Both iron sets feature state-of-the-art SpiderWeb Variable Face Thickness technology located behind the face that acts as a web across the face to enhance the sweet spot in every direction.
- The irons also feature LaunchPad Technology, a TPE polymer housed in the internal cavity insert that has been coated with a special performance gel that absorbs shock and creates more spring effect.
- A Ramped Sole offers more relief on the heel and toe for smoother turf interaction, while a new Notch Hosel allows for easier bending +/- 4 degrees for expert custom fitting.
- Both iron sets are Power Lofted for maximum distance gains that are designed to maintain the same launch characteristics and apex heights as traditional lofts and feature progressive offsets and blade lengths from iron to iron.
SpeedTested Shaft System
Every shaft in the EXS 220 Series has been SpeedTested to find the optimal custom shaft pairing for every flex, proven by robotic testing and validated by player testing. Tour Edge R&D tested an extensive range of market-leading shafts with the Tour Edge Developmental robot (T.E.D.) to determine the best performing custom shafts for every swing flex/speed.
48-Hour Custom Fit Delivery
For the first time, Exotics product will be a part of Tour Edge’s unprecedented 48-hour custom fit nationwide delivery guarantee.
Exotics EXS 220 will be available with Tour Edge’s 48-Hour Custom Fit Delivery program where custom fit orders from an authorized Tour Edge EXS 220 fitter arrive back to the end consumer in 48 business hours anywhere in the continental United States.
If the custom order is placed to Tour Edge by the authorized Tour Edge dealer by 2:30 PM Central time, the order will be guaranteed to arrive either back to the fitting location or directly to the consumer’s house.
Hand Built in the USA
All Tour Edge Exotics clubs are hand built in the United States at our headquarters in Batavia, Illinois.
All Tour Edge Exotics clubs are backed with a lifetime warranty that covers any manufacturer defects for the life of the product.
Visit Tour Edge Golf here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- TaylorMade Announces the SIM2 Family of Drivers, Fairway Metals, Hybrids, and Irons - January 19, 2021
- Golf News – January 19, 2021 - January 19, 2021
- Callaway Golf Announces New Epic Drivers And Fairway Woods - January 15, 2021