PXG Deploys New 0311 X GEN4 Driving Iron
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – PXG, an international research and development company dedicated to designing the world’s finest golf equipment and apparel, has released its 0311 X® GEN4 Driving Iron. Leveraging PXG’s proprietary GEN4 technology and introducing a new tour-inspired clubhead design, the new driving iron delivers accuracy and distance to keep shots in play on narrow fairways and in adverse weather conditions.
“I absolutely love the 0311 X Driving Iron,” PXG LPGA Tour Professional Linnea Strom shared. “When playing in wind it is a great option for me instead of my hybrid. The ball contact and flight are very consistent. It has the height and spin that I want, and it is easy to hit both off the fairway and the tee.”
Unpacking the technology:
- The PXG 0311 X GEN4 Driving Iron is five times forged from 8620 soft carbon steel, creating a tight grain structure that increases the material’s strength and enhances feel.
- The back surface is then milled – a high-precision process that helps create a high-performance body design.
- PXG XCOR™ Technology, a proprietary, highly compressible polymer material developed for use in PXG 0311® GEN4 Irons, supports significant face movement for explosive ball speeds, increased forgiveness, and an unbelievably soft feel at impact.
- The PXG 0311 X GEN4 Driving Iron also features PXG’s celebrated high-strength ultra-thin face – the thinnest club face in golf, measuring a mere 0.058” thick. Combined with the company’s XCOR Technology, the face delivers unbelievable forgiveness and extremely fast speeds.
- Precision Weighting Technology in the form of a large weight located near the center-of-gravity on the back of the clubhead enables golfers to experience different swing weights during a fitting for optimal personalized performance.
With a slightly larger clubhead, thin top rail, and minimal offset, the PXG 0311 X GEN4 Driving Iron is fully loaded to promote a low, penetrating ball flight and more control off the tee.
“I use a driving iron when I’m looking for a little more control but am not willing to sacrifice too much distance off the tee,” PGA TOUR Pro James Hahn added. “It’s obviously great in windy and firm conditions but has a lot more to offer than just knee-high bullets into the wind.”
PXG 0311 X GEN4 Driving Irons are available in left and right-handed configurations, as well as a Chrome or Xtreme Dark finish
Visit PXG Golf HERE
PXG Releases Center Shafted Battle Ready Blackjack Putter
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – PXG, the global golf research and development powerhouse, has debuted a new hosel option with its PXG Center Shafted Battle Ready™ Blackjack® Putter. Traditionally, PXG putters have been available in four hosel configurations – heel shafted, plumber’s neck, double bend, and arm lock. In response to consumer demand, the new Center Shafted Blackjack Putter adds another fitting option to the game-changing lineup.
“We are in the business of giving people what they want so they can play better and have more fun on the course,” said PXG Founder and CEO Bob Parsons. “Because our customers asked for a center shafted option, we made it happen. And now, getting centered never felt so right.”
The Battle Ready Blackjack Putter is one of PXG’s most popular mallet-style putters. The 100% milled putter features a bi-material construction, integrating aerospace-grade aluminum with high-density tungsten to support a deep center-of-gravity (CG). By locating the CG farther away from the face, it is more difficult for a player to twist the face angle off its natural path during the stroke. This improves the player’s ability to deliver the face square at impact.
The new face-balanced design of the Center Shafted Blackjack Putter further helps distribute weight evenly between the heel and toe. This weight distribution supports a straight-back, straight-through putting stroke. PXG’s Precision Weighting Technology in the sole, offered in 5 grams (g), 10g (standard), 15g, and 20g options, is easily adjustable for added stability and forgiveness.
All PXG Battle Ready Putters feature the company’s proprietary Pyramid Face Pattern and bold alignment features. Each club also presents PXG’s iconic Darkness® Insignia – a skull with the number 26 – a nod to Parsons’ service with the 26th Marine Corps Regiment during the Vietnam War.
Visit PXG Golf HERE