Vokey Design Introduces Limited Jet Black SM8 Wedges
FAIRHAVEN, MA – The unrivaled craftsmanship, performance and technology of Titleist Vokey Design SM8 wedges – the overwhelmingly most played wedges on the PGA Tour – will now be available in a tour-inspired all-black configuration.
This limited release features SM8’s Jet Black raw finish enhanced with black paint fill in the logos and graphics, complemented by a Dynamic Gold S200 Black Onyx shaft and exclusive Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound Black/Gray grip with BV Wings.
Limited Jet Black SM8 wedges are available in golf shops beginning Friday, Aug. 28, with all 23 loft, bounce and grind combinations (in both RH and LH) available through custom order or WedgeWorks on Vokey.com.
Great wedge play comes from distance control, shot versatility and spin. SM8 improves performance in all three areas through the following key innovations:
- Reimagined Progressive CG is pushed forward from the face for increased MOI (up to a +7% increase in the higher lofts) – producing improved distance and trajectory control, better feel and a club face that simply wants to square up at impact for more consistent results. To achieve this, Voke’s team lengthened the hosels and counterbalanced that weight with high-density tungsten low in the toe.
- Vokey’s six Tour-Proven Sole Grinds – F, S, M, K, L and D – developed and refined through decades of work with the best shot makers in the game, allow golfers of all skill levels to be precisely fit for their swing type (steep, neutral, shallow), shot making style and course conditions (firm, neutral, soft).
- 100% Inspected Spin Milled Grooves are cut with a level of precision that is unique by finish, producing maximum spin and shot control. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between grooves, which maximize spin on partial shots. A proprietary heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove without impacting feel – making it the most durable groove in golf.
Vokey Wedge Selector
The Vokey Wedge Selector tool on Vokey.com helps golfers select the proper loft, bounce and grind options for their swing and course conditions. Vokey recommends that golfers visit their local Titleist fitter to confirm the results. LINK: https://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector-tool.aspx.
Advanced Personalization And Custom Options
SM8 wedges feature a more modern, clean look, which also provides a canvas for customization. Inspired by Aaron Dill, the WedgeWorks custom options are expanded to include:
- Six unique toe engravings;
- Expanded stamping options, including 10-character Straight/Freestyle stamping and 15 characters around the toe; and
- Custom paint-filled Loft, Bounce and Grind markings and BV Wings logo.
SM8 wedges can also be custom ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules.
Visit Vokey Wedges here:
Cleveland Golf Introduces Two Additional Putter Lines
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Cleveland Golf® is proud to announce the new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier putters, to go along with an array of new Huntington Beach SOFT models. Discover a new, premium putting experience and the confidence to sink more putts with the new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier, officially launching on Friday, Aug. 21, 2020.
The foundation of the Huntington Beach SOFT Premier is Cleveland Golf’s proprietary Speed Optimized Face Technology (SOFT). SOFT solves the crucial putting issue of distance control. SOFT normalizes the speed of putts across the entire putter face.
The center of the face features more condensed milling lines, while milling mark frequency decreases going outward from the center. Unlike similar technologies featured elsewhere, SOFT takes the next step by delivering model specific milling for each model so we can deliver optimized distance control regardless of the putter shape.
What separates the Huntington Beach SOFT Premier is a new Gray Satin finish that provides a sleek, premium look and limits glare.
Huntington Beach SOFT Premier features two specific putter grips to achieve optimal putting performance for each stroke type. For slight or strong arcing strokes, the Lamkin SINKFIT Skinny Pistol grip, combined with a toe-down weighting, will help facilitate clubhead rotation. Meanwhile, the larger Lamkin SINKFIT Pistol grip and face-balanced design is ideal for straight back stroke types.
Key Innovations Inside Huntington Beach SOFT Premier:
- Gray Satin Finish: Sleek, Gray Satin PVD finish delivers a premium appearance and instills a sense of confidence.
- Speed Optimized Face Technology: Ensuring consistent speed control and distance performance, Cleveland’s proprietary Speed Optimized Face Technology normalizes ball speed across the entire face of the putter, even on off-center putts.
- Putting Fit System: With two different grip options, the new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier offers a precise fit depending on your stroke type and model preference.
- Precision Milled Face: A unique diamond CNC milling pattern increases friction for a pure roll and softer feel at impact.
Furthermore, Cleveland Golf is introducing eight new tour-proven shapes to the Huntington Beach SOFT collection. These new releases offer a similar fitting system. For slight or strong arc types, the Huntington Beach SOFT Pistol grip comes standard, while straight back stroke types will benefit from the Huntington Beach SOFT Oversized grip.
Visit Cleveland Golf here: