NBA Superstar Klay Thompson Partners With Cobra Golf And Renowned Swing Coach Claude Harmon III To Take His Golf Game To The Next Level
CARLSBAD, CA – Today COBRA Golf announced a partnership with NBA star and Golden State Warrior sharp-shooter, Klay Thompson, to create a four-part, docuseries that will focus on his passion for golf, and his quest to improve and take his game to the next level.
Known for his smooth stroke from behind the arc, Thompson is looking to bring that same precision and clutch performance to the golf course. To help him do that, COBRA enlisted the help of long-time ambassador, and celebrated golf instructor, Claude Harmon III, who currently has some of the world’s best golfers on his roster. Harmon, currently the Director of Instruction at The Floridian, will work with Thompson, utilizing COBRA Golf equipment and COBRA CONNECT technology Powered by Arccos, giving him the tools and insights to help him become a better golfer.
The Weekend Warrior series will help bring to light COBRA’s innovation story through two individual experts in their respective sports, who simply share a relatable passion for golf. How they work together during the offseason to improve the three-time NBA Champion’s game will be a storyline any golfer can appreciate.
The first episode of the four-part series, will establish Thompson’s goals for his game, and how he will work with Harmon to accomplish and reach those aspirations. The second focuses on fixing his slice with driver, using swing tips from Claude and getting dialed into his new KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver. Episode three will see Thompson put into practice what he’s learned on the range, focusing on his iron game, incorporating instruction and COBRA CONNECT to play smarter golf. The final piece will detail how the pair plan to work together over the remainder of the year to improve, reviewing Thompson’s COBRA CONNECT data to identify areas for continued improvement.
Visit Cobra Golf here:
Callaway® Apparel Welcomes 15 New Brand Ambassadors For 2019
MIAMI, FL — Callaway Apparel is pleased to announce the signing of sixteen new brand ambassadors, joining current staffers Talor Gooch, British Open winner Georgia Hall, two time U.S. Open winner Lee Janzen, Pablo Larrazabel and Renato Paratore.
“We are thrilled to have this group of talented athletes join Callaway Apparel as brand ambassadors,” said Tim Reed, SVP of Global Sports Marketing at Callaway Golf. “This dynamic group is a perfect combination of established veterans and young stars on the rise and we look forward to supporting them as they perform on golf’s biggest stages.”
The new members of Team Callaway include:
- Retief Goosen – This two-time Major Champion owns 36 career wins worldwide and has spent over 250 weeks in the Top 10 of the Official World Golf Rankings. Later this year, he will be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame as a part of the Class of 2019.
- Brice Garnett – Winner of the 2018 Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship. He is also a multiple winner on the Web.Com Tour and former NCAA Division II All-American.
- Cody Gribble – Winner of the 2015 Sanderson Farms Championship and a member of the University of Texas 2012 National Championship team. Cody will be wearing Callaway TOUR AUTHENTIC in 2019.
- Brandon Harkins – He recorded eight Top-25 finishes during the 2017-18 PGA Tour season and earned his 1st FedExCup Playoff appearance.
- John Chin – The PGA Tour rookie earned his 2019 PGA Tour card after finishing 17th on the Web.com Tour in 2018.
- Roberto Diaz – Finished second at the 2018 World Cup of Golf as a member of Team Mexico.
- Steven Brown – The second year European Tour member has earned three professional wins and was a member of the 2011 GB&I Walker Cup team.
- Rico Hoey – A three time All-American at USC and two time Palmer Cup member will be competing in his first full season on the Web.Com Tour in 2019.
- Nicolas Echavarria – A two-time winner on the PGA TOUR Latin America in 2018, he finished #2 in the Order of Merit earning his place onto the 2019 Web.Com Tour.
- Andres Gallegos – #5 on the 2018 PGA TOUR Latin America Order of Merit and winner of the 2018 Puerto Plata DR Open.
- Steven Ihm – The University of Iowa grad will be competing on his first full season on the Web.com Tour. He is a former winner of the prestigious 2013 Sunnehanna Amateur.
- Matthew NeSmith – The Com Tour rookie was a two-time All American and the winningest golfer in University of South Carolina history.
- Carlota Ciganda – The 15th ranked player in the world has earned six career wins, played on three Solheim Cup teams and was the LET Rookie of the Year.
- Emma Talley – A past winner on the Symetra Tour, the four-time All-American at the University of Alabama is one of only five women to win both the NCAA Individual Championship (2015) and U.S. Women’s Amateur (2013).
- Cheyenne Knight – This LPGA Tour rookie was an All-American all three years she spent at the University of Alabama and earned the 2017 SEC Player of the Year.
Visit Callaway Apparel here:
Eaglewood Resort & Spa Swings Into Golf Season With New State-Of-The-Art Golf Carts And Indoor Simulator
ITASCA, IL – One of the oldest golf courses in Itasca opens up the 2019 golf season with notable upgrades. The Golf Club at Eaglewood Resort and Spa (Eaglewood Resort) is pleased to announce its official opening day of Mon., Apr. 1*, as well as the addition of its brand-new Yamaha Drive2 QuieTech EFI golf carts, Foresight golf simulator and seasonal programming.
“Built in 1932, Eaglewood Resort’s golf course has built a reputation as one of the most classic championship golf courses in the Chicagoland area. Designed by Charles Maddox, Sr., the course features 100-year old oak trees, elegant ponds and 65 sculptured bunkers providing golfers of all levels with challenging obstacles surrounded by aesthetic beauty, said David Fazio, certified PGA class A professional and Eaglewood Resort’s director of golf. “While we work hard to maintain and restore the original design and intent of the course, we also strive to keep up with the modern demands of golfers so I am excited about our new state-of-the-art golf carts and indoor golf simulator,” continues Fazio.
Chicagoland golf enthusiasts can anticipate a number of programs and offerings this season including:
- Opening Day: Weather permitting, The Golf Club at Eaglewood Resort opens for the 2019 season on Mon., Apr. 1.*
- New Golf Carts: Named Editor’s Choice by Golf Digest for the second year-in-a-row, the Yamaha Drive2 QuieTech EFI golf carts will be rolled-out for the 2019 season. These 21st century, eco-friendly golf carts feature USB ports to power-up smart phones or speakers, GPS systems to help with yardages, comfortable seats, easy-guiding steering, and enhanced suspension to ensure a smooth ride during play.
- Golf Simulator & Club Fittings: Rainy days should not keep golfers away from golfing, as players can practice their game year-round with the course’s Foresight Sports indoor simulator. The simulator features more than 40 of the world’s best and most exclusive courses for players to practice their game rain or shine. In addition, the simulator allows the professionals at The Golf Club to fit golfers for clubs year-round, help with golf swing mechanics, and assist in fine-tuning technique with ease while having fun.
- Eaglewood “Unmastered” Golf Tournament: Eaglewood Resort is celebrating the 2019 Masters with The Eaglewood “Unmastered” golf tournament on Sat., April 13 at 9 a.m. Priced at $55 per person, this two man scramble-style event with big cups will include beer samplings throughout the course, a Masters-style lunch at the turn, a green jacket ceremony for the winners, and a Masters Watch Party in Prairie River after the tournament.
- Programming & Events: Golf clinics, glow-in-the-dark golf, twilight golf and other special events and programming will take place throughout the season and be posted on the resort’s website.
- Membership Rates & Resort Packages: Eaglewood Resort offers a variety of membership rates for players of all levels, combined golf-resort packages for visitors to take advantage of, and junior memberships and passes, as well as corporate and transferable memberships.
Visit Eaglewood Resort here: