Tiger Woods’ 2019 Masters Victory Extends Bridgestone Golf Tour Hot Streak
COVINGTON, GA –There wasn’t a dry eye in the house as Bridgestone Golf ambassador Tiger Woods put an exclamation point on one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, winning his 15th career major championship at the 2019 Masters tournament. The victory, with Bridgestone’s TOUR B XS golf ball, marks Woods’ first return to the winner’s circle at Augusta National in 14 years and gives him an incredible 5 green jackets for his illustrious career, the second most in history. The win comes 11 years since Woods’ last major championship title, and remarkably it is the first ever in which he’s had to come from behind. Moreover, Tiger’s 2019 Masters triumph is the 5th win of the season for Bridgestone’s award-winning TOUR B golf ball family.
Using Bridgestone Golf’s TOUR B XS balls, Woods navigated the tight Georgia Pines and slick greens to card a final round 2-under 70 to win by one-shot over a virtual who’s who of top players in the world. Woods recorded 22 birdies for the week to propel him to his tournament best 13-under par total.
“I thought it was interesting that Tiger commented that ‘it fits’ when he slipped on the Green Jacket in the Butler Cabin, and that’s basically exactly what he said when he first tried our TOUR B XS golf ball,” said Dan Murphy, President and CEO of Bridgestone Golf. “This victory is huge for the game of golf, but beyond what it means for the game as a whole, Tiger’s Masters victory is a tremendous exclamation point on an incredible stretch for our TOUR B series balls. Like we do for consumers, we go to great lengths to ensure that our Tour players have a ball that fits their game, and there is no question the TOUR B XS has been a great choice for Tiger.”
The Bridgestone TOUR B XS has been a constant in Tiger’s bag since he first put the ball in play last year, though Tiger has continued to tweak his club selection during that time. The TOUR B XS fits Tiger’s game perfectly as it offers the ideal combination of power, spin and control he demands. ≈ is a result of Bridgestone’s continued commitment to providing premium tee-to-green performance to players of varying swing types. Bridgestone owns over 800 golf ball patents and fully leverages the company’s heritage of excellence in polymer science worldwide to design the industry’s most cutting-edge golf balls.
Visit Bridgestone Golf here:
Callaway Announces New Sure Out 2 Wedges
CARLSBAD, CA – Callaway Golf officially announced their new Sure Out 2 Wedges, which are designed to help make any short game shot incredibly easy to play from the sand, fairway, or rough.
The Sure Out 2 is the highly anticipated follow up to our popular Sure Out lineup. The key to its performance is the enhanced sole design with increased heel relief. Coupled with a confidence-inspiring shape at address and aggressive full face grooves, the Sure Out 2 will help you get out, and get up and down.
Below are the key technology features & performance benefits for these new wedges:
- Better Playability From All Lies – We’ve strategically enhanced the sole radius, bounce angle and added more heel relief to accommodate a wider variety of players. This makes it easier to execute short game shots that help golfers get closer to the hole.
- Full-Face Grooves – The Sure Out 2 offers 17 full-face grooves featuring an aggressive groove pattern which allows golfers to stop their shots quickly. From short chips to full swings we expect golfers to gain control and confidence on any shot.
- New Lamkin Step Down Grip – In collaboration with Lamkin we’ve designed the New Step Down grip for easy shot selection and total distance control. 3 “Step Down” markings are located on the grip to make the short game easy and minimize “guess work”.
- Full Offering Line-up – Sure Out 2 is offered in a wide variety of lofts: 56, 58, 60, and 64 in both Right and Left hand options. In addition a premium line up of shafts are offered: KBS Wedge 90 Steel, UST Mamiya 65 Graphite and Fujikura Women’s 50 graphite.
Visit Callaway Golf here:
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Tour Edge Launches Exotics 723 E and C Series of Metals and Irons - February 7, 2023
- Golf News – February 7, 2023 - February 7, 2023
- Golf News – January 26, 2023 - January 26, 2023