New AEROJET™ Metalwoods Designed to Be the Most Aerodynamic and Longest the Company Has Ever Produced
CARLSBAD, CA – COBRA Golf™, a leader in golf club innovation, today introduced its new family of AEROJET™ Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids. The AEROJET™ driver family builds on the impressive design and performance attributes of the previous LTDx lineup and debuts a bold new aerodynamic shape in all three models – the AEROJET LS™, AEROJET™, and AEROJET MAX™ to deliver faster clubhead speed and ball speed. Each driver and fairway features PWR-BRIDGE Weighting Technology, the company’s first ever suspended weight design. The new technology utilizes an internal bridge structure that is elevated above the sole to achieve a low, forward CG.
The Advanced Aerodynamic Shaping of the AEROJET™ drivers is the product of years of research and testing with some of the fastest swings on the planet. When compared to a traditional driver, the AEROJET LS™ (which features the most aggressive aero shape of the three models), features a streamlined frontal area, raised aft and skirt, and a more curved crown with a peak that is moved as far from the face as possible. These design attributes contribute to a significant reduction in drag through the swing for increased clubhead speed and superior aerodynamic performance. When tested against the LTDx LS™, the AEROJET LS™ driver produced up to 1.5mph more clubhead speed during robot testing, making these new designs the fastest and most aerodynamic COBRA® drivers to date. The family of drivers uses progressive aerodynamic shaping and unique weighting configurations to produce the fastest clubhead speed possible, while achieving specific mass property targets for different golfers. The AEROJET LS™ (“Low Spin”) driver features the most aggressive aerodynamic shape designed for players with faster swing speeds with forward adjustable heel and toe weights (12g & 3g) that tune a neutral to fade-biased ball flight. The AEROJET™ driver blends low spin performance with added stability and slightly higher launch than the LS model, using a fixed back weight (12g). While the AEROJET MAX™ delivers maximum forgiveness and trajectory height through an adjustable back and heel weight (12g & 3g) that can also be used to deliver a draw-bias when the weights are flipped.
New internal technologies include PWR-BRIDGE Weighting – a 13g structure that is suspended above the sole like a bridge, to position the CG forward for maximum speed and low for reduced spin, while enabling a more flexible sole structure for improved energy transfer. The elevated PWR-BRIDGE design was critical to make room for the PWRSHELL Face Insert, which debuts for the first time in a COBRA® driver, delivering a larger Sweet Zone for faster ball speed across the face. In conjunction with the PWRSHELL, the insert features a new H.O.T Face variable thickness pattern. H.O.T. FACE (which stands for Highly Optimized Topology) was designed using artificial intelligence and features multiple zones with optimized thicknesses and shaping to deliver more efficient speed and spin across the entire clubface. A thin ply carbon fiber structure which is 30% thinner than normal carbon fiber is utilized in a RAW FINISH in both the CROWN & SOLE resulting in freed up discretionary weight to be positioned lower in the clubhead, effectively lowering the CG location (to near zero) for improved launch and spin characteristics.
The AEROJET™ drivers are available in three models aimed at optimizing performance for the full spectrum of players:
- The AEROJET LS™ ($549) offers an aggressive aerodynamic shape and a refined address profile designed for skilled players that demand low launch and low spin for maximum workability and control. For added tuning, two weight ports in the sole (with 12g and 3g weights) are positioned forward in the heel and toe to help dial in a neutral to fade-biased trajectory for the better players.
- The standard AEROJET™ ($549) is designed to appeal to the widest spectrum of players and features aerodynamic shaping for faster club speed with one weight port in the rear of the sole, providing a neutral shot shape and an impressive combination of forgiveness and speed for maximum distance.
- The AEROJET MAX™ ($549) blends aero shaping with maximum stability and optional draw bias, allowing players to tune trajectory using adjustable weight ports in the rear and heel of the sole. By placing the 12g weight in the rear and the 3g weight in the heel, the player experiences super stable high trajectory with a small draw bias. When the heavier 12g weight is placed in the heel position, performance becomes exceptionally draw biased with good stability for forgiveness.
The men’s AEROJET™ family of metals comes in a black colorway featuring a satin matte black perimeter and a raw carbon fiber gloss crown. The sole features raw carbon fiber gloss accented with white perimeter paint with blue and red accents.
The AEROJET MAX™ Driver is also available in a women’s edition as well as, a junior’s edition.
AEROJET MAX™ Driver FAIRWAYS and HYBRIDS
Complementing the innovative line of AEROJET™ drivers are a full lineup of fairway metals ($329 each). Utilizing the same PWR-BRIDGE weighting, and PWRSHELL with H.O.T. FACE, and carbon fiber crown technologies as the AEROJET™ drivers, COBRA® engineers were able to shift the CG forward for more speed and low spin while also creating a more flexible face and sole area to maximize speed and distance. Also available in three models, the AEROJET™ fairway metals are designed to fit the full spectrum of players:
- AEROJET LS™ Fairway – COBRA®’s low spin fairway models is designed for players with faster swing speeds and uses forward weighting to produce lower, workable trajectories. PWR-BRIDGE weighting and PWRSHELL H.O.T. FACE Technology work in tandem to maximize energy transfer through a low, forward CG and a more flexible face and sole area. A lightweight carbon crown with a striking raw finish saves weight that can be shifted low and forward to create a more playable clubhead. An adjustable weighting system features two forward weight ports with 12g and 3g weights that can be positioned in the heel or toe to fine tune fade-bias. The AEROJET LSM fairway is offered with the MCA KAI’LI White 70 shaft in stiff and x-stiff flex, and a Lamkin Crossline grip. Loft offerings include a 3W with a nominal loft of and 14.5 o (adjustable between 13.0 – 16.0), and a 5W with a nominal loft of 17.5 o (adjustable between 16.0 o – 19.0 o.
- AEROJET™ Fairway – The standard AEROJET™ model is aimed at the widest variety of players looking for easy launch, long distance, and ample forgiveness. A 12g fixed weight is positioned in the rear of the sole for added forgiveness and high launch, while the PWR-BRIDGE and PWRSHELL H.O.T. FACE Technology provide faster ball speed through a low, forward CG and a more flexible face and sole structure. A lightweight carbon crown further contributes to the low CG by removing weight from the upper portion of the clubhead. The AEROJET™ fairway is offered with a choice of UST Helium Nanocore 5F2 in Lite flex or KAI’LI BLUE 60 in regular or stiff flexes. Loft offering include 15 o (3W) which is adjustable from 13.5 o to 16.5 o, 18 o (5W) adjustable from 16.5 o to 19.5 o, and 21 o (7W) adjustable from 19.5 o to 22.5 o.
- AEROJET Max™ Fairway – COBRA®’s most forgiving fairway that combines the fast and forgiving performance of the standard AEROJET™ model with additional launch and draw bias. An adjustable weight system features 12g and 3g weights that can be positioned in the back or the heel of the sole to fine tune between forgiveness and draw. PWR-BRIDGE weighting and PWRSHELL H.O.T. FACE Technology again deliver the fastest ball speed possible using low and forward weighting and an optimized variable thickness face design, while a carbon crown helps lower the CG location for higher launch. Shaft choices include UST Helium Nanocore (5F2 Lite or 5F3 Reg flex) or KAI’LI BLUE 60 in stiff flex. Loft offering include 15.5 o (3W) adjustable from 14 o to 17 o, 18.5 o (5W) adjustable from 17 o to 20 o, and 21.5 o (7W) adjustable from 20 o to 23 o. The AEROJET MAX™ is also available in a women’s model (available in 3W (18.5) adjustable between 17.0 to 20.0, 5W (21.5) adjustable between 20.0 to 23.0, 7W (24.5) adjustable between 23.0 to 26.0 that comes in a black with silver and cool blue accents and is equipped with a UST Helium Nanocore 4F1 shaft in women’s flex.
Rounding out the new family, AEROJET™ hybrids ($279 each) feature a new shape with lower heel, more rounded crown, and slightly raised aft, as well as the same PWR-BRIDGE weighting and PWRSHELL H.O.T. FACE Technology as the AEROJET™ drivers and fairways. The AEROJET ONE Length™ Hybrid is designed in a shorter set up (37.25”) that complements the ONE Length irons in a combo set but is also a favored option by many non-ONE Length players for its high launching and forgiving performance. Both the standard AEROJET™ hybrid (available in 2H (17 o), 3H (19 o), 4H (21o) 5H (24 o) and 6H (28 o) and ONE Length model (available in 3H (19 o), 4H (21o), 5H (24 o) come with KBS PGI premium aftermarket shafts (85 -S, 75-R, 65 -A) and Lamkin Crossline grips. The AEROJET™ Hybrid is available in a women’s model 4H (21 o), 5H (24 o) 6H (28 o), 7H (31 o).
All AEROJET™ products will be available at retail and online, February 9, 2023.
Visit COBRA Golf HERE
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – May 25, 2023 - May 25, 2023
- Golf News – May 23, 2023 - May 23, 2023
- Golf News – May 17, 2023 - May 17, 2023