Forgiveness is a Virtue
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Cleveland Golf is proud to announce the next generation of the popular CBX line of wedges, the CBX ZipCore. Cleveland Golf’s CBX ZipCore will launch in North America on Dec. 17, 2021.
Now in its third generation, the CBX family of wedges, first introduced by Cleveland Golf, has transformed the market. CBX ZipCore is no different and continues upon the legacy of Cleveland’s cavity-back wedges that deliver the perfect blend of forgiveness and versatility.
“If you play cavity back irons, you should be playing a CBX wedge, plain and simple,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development at Cleveland Golf. “The sole is more forgiving, the face is more forgiving, and it’s easier to swing.”
The foundation of CBX ZipCore is a unique, low-density core that sits at the heart of the wedge. ZipCore makes you better by shifting the center of gravity, while also boosting High-Low MOI for more stability high and low on the wedge face. The result: a 26% improvement in High-Low MOI compared against the previous generation and a 10% improvement in Heel-Toe MOI.
The unique Hollow Cavity Design delivers a hollow chamber near the heel with added weight in the toe to maximize MOI and perimeter weighting for unprecedented short game forgiveness. In addition, a Gelback TPU Insert dampens vibrations to provide that signature pure feel at impact.
Similar to RTX ZipCore, the CBX ZipCore features Cleveland’s UltiZip Grooves. Compared to previous generations, UltiZip Grooves are 11% sharper and 7.3% deeper, while also being 7.4% closer together. With the grooves being closer together, we were able to add two more grooves to each wedge face for more groove contact and more spin.
Finally, CBX ZipCore makes the decision-making process easy with three Dynamic Sole Grinds, optimized by loft. Simply choose the desired loft and the grinds take care of themselves, including a purpose-built 44° wedge that is designed to outperform many set-matching pitching wedges.
“We’ve included all the same technology and spin performance that we offer to our Tour staff and put it into the CBX ZipCore,” Brunski said. “It’s no wonder the entire line of CBX wedges has been so successful – it’s Tour technology built into a wedge made for real golfers.”
Key Innovations Inside CBX ZipCore:
- ZipCore: ZipCore is a lightweight, low-density core that sits at the heart of this new wedge. While reducing vibrations and perfecting the center of gravity, it also boosts MOI for improved forgiveness on every shot.
- Hollow Cavity Design: Weight in the toe with a hollow chamber near the heel makes a better, more balanced wedge that’s forgiving no matter where you strike the face.
- UltiZip Grooves: Sharper, deeper, and closer together, UltiZip Grooves are more efficient at channeling debris and maximizing spin. Plus, there’s two extra grooves per face for more groove contact across the board.
- Dynamic Sole: With V-, C-, and S-Shaped soles, CBX ZipCore has all the performance you’ll need greenside. The Dynamic Sole changes by wedge loft to ensure every player has the performance they’ll need, when they need it to make the choice easy.
Visit Cleveland Golf HERE
Latest posts by Michael Feland (see all)
- Golf News – June 7, 2023 - June 7, 2023
- Golf News – June 2, 2023 - June 2, 2023
- Golf News – May 30, 2023 - May 30, 2023
How much of an improvement in the CBX Zipcore over the previous CBX modrl?