If you’ve been lucky enough to play golf around the world before, you’ll know there are some pretty amazing courses. You can tee off from the most serene, beautiful locations, all while improving your handicap.
But the entertainment doesn’t always end on the greens. Some of these world-class resorts have casinos too. So you can play during the day and have a few spins or hounds during the night. To give you an idea of what’s available, we’ve picked out some of the best casino golf courses from around the world. Enjoy!
Like most things in America, golf courses have to be bigger and better than what you’d normally expect. So it’s probably not a surprise to learn that the USA has a huge number of casinos with golf courses spread out across the country.
Here’s a selection of our favourite options:
- Fortune Bay: Located on the idyllic shores of Lake Vermillion, Minnesota, this award-winning golf course boasts some of the most majestic greens around. With pine tree-lined holes, a full-service pro shop, and GPS-equipped carts, the Wilderness course has lots to offer. As for the casino, it has slots, blackjack, and poker – and is open 24 hours on the weekend.
- We-Ko-Pa: In the heart of the Sonoran desert is the idyllic resort of We-Ko-Pa, which is home to two of the best US courses – the Cholla and Saguaro. You can enjoy views of the McDowell Mountains, Red Mountain, Four Peaks, and the Superstitions mountains – both sites are truly breathtaking. The casino is over 160,000 square feet of fun, with plenty of table games, slots, and a full sportsbook.
- Riverside Casino and Golf Resort: While not as majestic as We-Ko-Pa, Riverside has the Blue Top Ridge course – 7,400 yards of calm, quiet, tree-lined greens. You can play at the course and the casino as a day guest, or as an overnight guest at the hotel.
The great white north is no stranger to golf resorts and casinos. But they can’t be too far north of course. We’re not playing snow golf after all. So here are two standout casino golf courses in Canada that are a bit further south:
- St Eugene: Here you have some of the best views available. From each fairway, there’s a new, distinct view – the Rocky Mountain Trench, St. Mary River, and Fisher Park compose the wonderful vistas. The casino is open late on weekends, and the resort has an RV park for touring campers.
- Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino: Alongside its course and location at the base of the Rockies, this casino resort has more than just games – with a gym, RV park, indoor waterpark, helicopter tours, and rafting.
The noble sport of golf actually started in the United Kingdom – having roots in 15th century Scotland. And 300 years later, the game has developed into the 18-hole battle that we recognise today.
Famed for its links courses, particularly in Scotland, the UK is home to some of the most historic courses in the world. Almost anywhere in the country, you can find somewhere to tee off. Here are some famous ones:
- Royal St George’s: Part of the Open rotation, the Royal St George’s course is located in Kent, in the south of England. It dates back to 1887 and is steeped in history.
- St Andrew’s: Considered to be the oldest golf course in the world, St Andrew’s is thought to be where the game originated. It’s also where the 18-hole standard was created.
- Royal County Down: Located in County Down, in the North of Ireland, this is also one of the oldest clubs in the country. It has two links courses and is often considered to be one of the greatest courses in the world.
The problem? None of the golf courses in the UK have casinos.
But luckily there’s an easy solution. That’s because there are loads of casino sites online that are available in the UK. So once you’re done with golf, you can sign up at one of the top 20 casino sites using your phone to enjoy a different type of casino experience instead.
Rest of Europe
European golf is steeped in much of the same history as the UK. So too are its casinos.
Across the continent, you can find city-states, provinces, and regions dedicated to the luxury that casinos and gambling bring with them. Golf was a natural companion, and in some of the most wealthy and beautiful European cities, many hotels feature both:
- Hotel Peralada: In the northern region of Catalonia, close to the birthplace of Salvidor Dali, the Hotel Peralada stands out – a castle surrounded by vineyards and a course. After an unforgettable playing experience, you can retire inside to rest or try to win some money on their casino games.
- Domaine de Divonne: Overlooking Lake Geneva from the French side, at Domaine de Divonne you can play golf and a range of games – while enjoying this historic European hotel & casino.
- Evian Resort: Over on the Swiss side, at the Evian Resort, there’s a spa to accompany your swing and betting. The club boasts two courses – the champions course and the lakeside course, both are less than a 5-minute drive from the hotel.
With vast swaths of jaw-dropping landscape, the continent of Africa is home to some of the most impressive golf courses in the world. And we’ve picked out those where you can enjoy some casino games too:
- Sun City: This South African resort has four hotels, two courses, a movie theatre, and a casino. With more to offer than most other resorts, this all-inclusive experience has enough to keep the whole family entertained – providing the perfect opportunity to have a few rounds.
- Windhoek: Located in the heart of Namibia, the Windhoek 18-hole championship course stretches over 6,000 meters of lush, green fairway – flanked by beautiful African scenery on all sides. After playing you can indulge in one of their private dining experiences, relax by their pool, and play a few hands of poker.
- Leopard Rock: This is one of Africa’s top championship courses. The Leopard Rock course gives you spectacular views of the local Zimbabwe landscape while providing a top class golfing experience. And after you’ve enjoyed the course, a private casino awaits.
So there’s plenty to get you going next time you’re planning a golf tour. You may also want to check out our guide on how to play your best on a golf trip for a few tips on adjusting to your new surroundings. Enjoy!
Have we missed any? Let us know some of the most exotic casino golf courses you’ve played at in the comments below.